London Broncos Matchday Experience in 2023

1 hour ago, Archie Gordon said:

It's for every game. 

But I think you're right that it's an early bird offer. Trouble is, it just shows how confused the club is. They quote different match ticket prices in different places and this early bird offer rubs out any savings you might get from being a member. They never bother to sense check what they do.

This I agree with. I think price will be 20 on the gate however.  But membership makes 0 sense at LB right now, especially considering that 2 "home" games are played in Ebbsfleet.

Like last season I'll be picking which games I attend, but not bothered with the menbership same as last season as it makes 0 sense while we have to play games in Kent.  This is why I hate groundsharing with football teams

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nadera78 said:

I love the way people still try to assess the Broncos' decision-making as if it were a real club.

This must be one of the many recommendations from the Dons Trust that were definitely going to happen as part of the very real and well thought through plan that underpinned our strategic and considered move to Plough Lane (and renting at Rosslyn Park and Richmond RU).

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

14 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

That 2.50 would buy you a pie…..if they sold them.

Maybe a KitKat 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

6 hours ago, POR said:

Bottom line you can give away as much free this free that discount this discount that and say goodbye to the pie and hotdog but all that really matters is what the players do for 80 minutes 

Having some food and a drink while you are there and catching up with people was part of the experience for me and that was one of the reasons I liked Trailfinders.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, westlondonfan said:

Having some food and a drink while you are there and catching up with people was part of the experience for me and that was one of the reasons I liked Trailfinders.

You can still do that at Wimbledon - it's not Squid Game pre-match.

1 hour ago, Leonard said:

2 finger, 4 finger or a Chunky?

For £2.50 in London? Two fingers, in every sense of the word 🤣

• Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

16 hours ago, gingerjon said:

This must be one of the many recommendations from the Dons Trust that were definitely going to happen as part of the very real and well thought through plan that underpinned our strategic and considered move to Plough Lane (and renting at Rosslyn Park and Richmond RU).

When I read your post I realised I no longer use 'our' 'we' or 'us' to describe the Broncos. Hmm. Feel a little sad about that.

• Like 2

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

On 09/01/2023 at 07:13, Leonard said:

You can still do that at Wimbledon - it's not Squid Game pre-match.

I have to say, whilst I've not yet been to Plough Lane, of the grounds where I've watched the Broncos play from 2002-2019, Griffin Park was my favourite whilst Trailfinders seemed the best suited to our needs at that time.
The reason(s) for the move to PL were given as a need to grow our fan base whilst getting a better deal from our corporate offerings.

2022 showed that the fist reason was approached by the Owner begging fans to come back and bring their mates, whilst the latter target was to be achieved by immediately discounting access to the corporate suite and then bombarding existing fans with reminders that they could sit with the owner during a game for £15 more. Oh, there was also the "Official London Broncos Supporters Group" which as far as I know achieved nothing, whilst the "London Broncos Supporters Association" continued to raise funds, sponsor the Academy & Reserves, volunteer when possible as well as acting as custodians of the clubs heritage and memorabilia which it has done for a decade or more.

The creation of the OLBSG was simply another example of the disconnect between Hughes and the true fans.

As I say, I've not been to Plough Lane, but that puts me in good company with the other 3,500+ fans Hughes and his appointed staff have driven away from the Club over the last 15 years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 08/01/2023 at 06:02, Archie Gordon said:

It's for every game. 

But I think you're right that it's an early bird offer. Trouble is, it just shows how confused the club is. They quote different match ticket prices in different places and this early bird offer rubs out any savings you might get from being a member. They never bother to sense check what they do.

Just seen that you can buy 2 Adult/2 Kid family ticket for £30.....so 2 mates can get in for just £15 each....with the kids totally free (if at all) which is cheaper than a season adult membership holder (£17.30 a game) and saves you £40 on 2 kids season tickets.

Sigh. They really don't think anything through.

Most folk I know go in groups and hardly anyone will do all 13 "home games" so why would you bother committing when they're discounting 3 weeks from the start of the season?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 08/01/2023 at 16:36, westlondonfan said:

That's true W as a FEV fan had some good days out at the Trailfinders but I'm not talking about you and me who love the game talking about getting new fans and keeping them so for me it's all about what's on the pitch and trying to give them the WOW factor

• Like 1

On 07/01/2023 at 18:47, crashmon said:

This I agree with. I think price will be 20 on the gate however.  But membership makes 0 sense at LB right now, especially considering that 2 "home" games are played in Ebbsfleet.

Like last season I'll be picking which games I attend, but not bothered with the menbership same as last season as it makes 0 sense while we have to play games in Kent.  This is why I hate groundsharing with football teams

The ebbsfleet ground is where they should be full time! If look at where wasps have moved to it’s pretty similar and had a good feel to it 

• Haha 1

On 15/01/2023 at 08:43, watcherofRL said:

The ebbsfleet ground is where they should be full time! If look at where wasps have moved to it’s pretty similar and had a good feel to it 

It doesnt really matter where we play or what bells and whistles are attached, if we have a poor non competitive side then no one will bother. Any one seen the squad for 2023 ? 21 players of which 6 or 7 under 20 with a handful of first grade games between them. They should be playing reserve grade. 

16 hours ago, crashmon said:

https://londonbroncosrl.com/2023/01/17/club-statement-ronny-palumbo-relocates-to-australia/

Palumbo gone.... The squad is
bare and if anything worse than last year (the first team is better, but we only have 16 senior players I think now... Very worried for the start of the season 

Costly loss,he was especially good in the bad end of the season.

No Moceidreke or Curran either??

Don't see where we are going to get 4-5 quality players from because that is what we need added to that at very minimum. 

Very skinny bench and even skinnier depth.More worrying is the inability to attract more players? Will need to be heavily reliant on loanees and that's always been a struggle . Fingers crossed

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

Costly loss,he was especially good in the bad end of the season.

No Moceidreke or Curran either??

Don't see where we are going to get 4-5 quality players from because that is what we need added to that at very minimum. 

Very skinny bench and even skinnier depth.More worrying is the inability to attract more players? Will need to be heavily reliant on loanees and that's always been a struggle . Fingers crossed

The problem is Part time is very expensive in London for people used to plying their trade in theM62.  So your relying on 3rd rate Aussie imports, but even then you struggle.

Last year they just pillaged Skolars. They know that does not work, so now they have to look further away for players and being PT really hinders them on that.

Not just players, Eccles still does not have the assistant coaches that was promised last year

Edited by crashmon

It's beginning to look like a repeat of 2022 - reinforcements, if they come, to arrive part way through the season. There may be an improved matchday experience - or will that be another promise not kept? Hughes has written this season off and is plainly waiting for something IMG-inspired to happen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1