Gale blowing in.

phildog

1 hour ago, toffeedog said:

Signing big are keighly then again so is everyone but us relying on same team with couple of signings . One on loan 1 wrong side of 30 one who needs to be a prop for 80 minutes and a halfback . 

Looking at keighley’s signings they’ve signed players over 30 again… who would gale replace? 

white meadows and Woods are younger than him

9 hours ago, toffeedog said:

Signing big are keighly then again so is everyone but us relying on same team with couple of signings . One on loan 1 wrong side of 30 one who needs to be a prop for 80 minutes and a halfback . 

I don't see the issue with retaining the majority of a Grand Final reaching squad. You don't see St Helens swapping out so regularly.

What we have lost we've replaced with players who are more than capable replacements. 

As for the Cougars recruitment I'm not really fussed over it. They're recruiting a bit like York did. Those that were big names who aren't getting offers to play at bigger clubs due to ageing and drops in form.

• Like 7

SIGNATURE

2 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

50 to 60k I heard , I don’t class that as part time player 

Dread to think what Chisholm & Gale will be on

But the national deficit of some African countries will run it close

Just find it difficult to understand why someone is throwing ridiculous amounts of money at a sport that's on its backside on and off the field

Without somehow re energising the current format (don't even think IMG will save it) the future looks very bleak 🤔🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Just find it difficult to understand why someone is throwing ridiculous amounts of money at a sport that's on its backside on and off the field

Without somehow re energising the current format (don't even think IMG will save it) the future looks very bleak 🤔🔮🔮🔮🔮🔮

It's still rugby league, and everyone still wants to knock us off our perch as number 1 part time team,  and to do that,  some of them need to raid the piggy bank.

18 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Looking at keighley’s signings they’ve signed players over 30 again… who would gale replace? 

white meadows and Woods are younger than him

We've signed 10 players in this off season and 2 of them are over 30.

Luke Gale 34

Mark Ioane 32

Ben Crooks 29

Toby Everett 26

Brad Walker 25

Sadiq Adebiyi 25

Thomas Doyle 23

Lloyd Roby 23

Ellis Robson 23

Robbie Storey 22

Taking into account that Buster, Muzza, Pettybourne have all retired, Junior Sa'u gone back to USA and Jake Webster now being player coach, we've actually really freshened up the squad this year. Average age is about 26 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indigogo said:

We've signed 10 players in this off season and 2 of them are over 30.

Luke Gale 34

Mark Ioane 32

Ben Crooks 29

Toby Everett 26

Brad Walker 25

Sadiq Adebiyi 25

Thomas Doyle 23

Lloyd Roby 23

Ellis Robson 23

Robbie Storey 22

Taking into account that Buster, Muzza, Pettybourne have all retired, Junior Sa'u gone back to USA and Jake Webster now being player coach, we've actually really freshened up the squad this year. Average age is about 26 👍

Thomas Doyle... Where did you sign him from?? 

15 hours ago, coolie said:

I see that you are full of seasonal spirit again.

:kolobok_santa2:

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Well.....I remember David Ward once saying " A good TEAM beats a team of NAMES". And to be fair , I think as a TEAM, we've proved that it's the case a lot of the time, this season and over the last few seasons. The key is to enjoy the ride, and boy what a ride we've had. Hopefully this year will be as good. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year .

ColinB. 

Edited by colinb
  • Like 8

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

2 hours ago, colinb said:

Well.....I remember David Ward once saying " A good TEAM beats a team of NAMES". And to be fair , I think as a TEAM, we've proved that it's the case a lot of the time, this season and over the last few seasons. The key is to enjoy the ride, and boy what a ride we've had. Hopefully this year will be as good. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year .

ColinB. 

lets hope those fans that turned up for play offs Barrow Fev and Leigh come to our games throughout the regular season Colin

23 hours ago, POR said:

Well it seems to be working skybet have them at 12/1 to win grand final compared to the Dogs at 20/1

Which one are you putting your money on then, POR?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

17 hours ago, Dog forever said:

Aye, look what the betting was last season and look what happened lol.

How much did you win?

I don't think people really understand what these odds mean.

• Haha 1