Gale blowing in.

phildog

18 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

They won more winning than your lot 

Not from the bookies betting on the Championship winner, they didn't. I suspect "my lot" collectively did OK.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• 2 weeks later...

Well just read a intresting article from lingard he played down expectations of the season all ready . Found it to be very honest and said our recruitment wasn't the best happy with woods signing but stated we have a small squad and like I previously mentioned we might struggle this season I hope not but going to be tougher than ever this season due to trap door from super league closes this season feel other clubs having a big push to get there .

4 hours ago, toffeedog said:

Well just read a intresting article from lingard he played down expectations of the season all ready . Found it to be very honest and said our recruitment wasn't the best happy with woods signing but stated we have a small squad and like I previously mentioned we might struggle this season I hope not but going to be tougher than ever this season due to trap door from super league closes this season feel other clubs having a big push to get there .

Halifax coach has said same I don’t hear the fax fans moaning 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Halifax coach has said same I don’t hear the fax fans moaning 😉

Maybe because they got there recruitment right also there budget bigger than ours   so tell me keep the faith you not think the recruitment been under welcoming considering how great last season was. We're the quailty to kick on from last season simple question simple answer 

26 minutes ago, toffeedog said:

Maybe because they got there recruitment right also there budget bigger than ours   so tell me keep the faith you not think the recruitment been under welcoming considering how great last season was. We're the quailty to kick on from last season simple question simple answer 

Having watched us Boxing Day I’m happy who’s coming in for the players replaced… mcgowan looked tidy… Woods will be class act with Meadows 

I think this year could be anyone’s year but don’t write us off at any point 

6 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Having watched us Boxing Day I’m happy who’s coming in for the players replaced… mcgowan looked tidy… Woods will be class act with Meadows 

I think this year could be anyone’s year but don’t write us off at any point 

i agree we,ll be reyt

• Like 1

On 04/01/2023 at 21:32, toffeedog said:

Investment required?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On the issue of Recruitment as we finshed where we did the starting point is we need to recruit our existing team players who got us there surely?

We lost Tom Gilmore and have replaced him with Josh Woods who in my view is quality and will show that in due time. Clearly Gilly is hard to replace but i think we have not done too bad there.

Luke Hooley gone and good luck to him in SL. Again difficult to replace but we have McGowan who is an absolute tremendous prospect and Kear who played well for Wales in World Cup. So doing ok there in my view.

Keegs returning to Club after proving himself capable of SL is a bonus surely?

Kibula is a great prospect but we need to get the best out of him which hopefully we will.

Richardson a local lad with something to prove which are both good attributes to have.

So perhaps no star foreign players or big ex SL names but let’s see how we go. Not easy but a challenge which we are up for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

On the issue of Recruitment as we finshed where we did the starting point is we need to recruit our existing team players who got us there surely?

We lost Tom Gilmore and have replaced him with Josh Woods who in my view is quality and will show that in due time. Clearly Gilly is hard to replace but i think we have not done too bad there.

Luke Hooley gone and good luck to him in SL. Again difficult to replace but we have McGowan who is an absolute tremendous prospect and Kear who played well for Wales in World Cup. So doing ok there in my view.

Kibula is a great prospect but we need to get the best out of him which hopefully we will.

Richardson a local lad with something to prove which are both good attributes to have.

So perhaps no star foreign players or big ex SL names but let’s see how we go. Not easy but a challenge which we are up for.

i think if Woods and  McGowan  perform anywhere near Gilly and Hooley we,ll be reyt Keegs is a real bonas and i cant wait to see Jimmy devolp more this season

1 hour ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

No offence to our recruitment in the past, we’ve failed to replace or even sign players of quality such as Josh Woods, McGowan and Keegan 

Richardson will be a great addition to the squad who along with  Flynn manning and Walshaw carry the local lads flag 

Batley won’t lie down and quit… we won’t face anyone as good as Leigh we’re last year I’m excited to see what happens in 2023 

people need to get there in 2023 and support the club instead of sitting behind a phone or tablet or even sitting in the local pub and asking the score or who played well 

• Like 2