Salford FC move to AJB is OFF

On 08/03/2023 at 08:21, Just Browny said:

Now Salford are competing with their North West rivals in the pre-match entertainment arena..

Ahh no, oops. This is embarrassing.

Says a Wire fanπŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ.... the only atmosphere you can generate is through a 12yo boys brigade drummer and his mates.πŸ˜‚ Priceless.

• Like 2

On 08/03/2023 at 22:33, ShropshireBull said:

If you can’t generate rev, have no academy (and don’t tell me about this thing in Wales , it isn’t full time and doesn’t play in the academy structure) and crowds are low, they are done. This is as much rfls doing as Salford mind.Β 

😴😴😴😴😴

On 09/03/2023 at 13:22, Hammerless Nail said:

Here is the council's statement of strategic intent. It doesn't say "Salford Red Devils RUFC", nor does it say "Salford City Reds RLFC". In your latest rush to get a wallow on, you've failed to check your sources. You can put those gafs (sic) down to that magnificent organ, The Manchester Evening News, a publication currently vying with James Cleverly MP for the much coveted title of World's Biggest Inaptronym*, since it covers more than Manchester, comes out in the morning and contains very little news.

Β 

* You'll probably be needing this and this.

Thanks for the link. Adds info and clarity. πŸ‘

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Any new developments?

I understand the Council have offered Salford an amazing deal, but it's being held up as the club don't understand which box to tick on the single-question application form.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

• 3 weeks later...

As much as Alex Sanderson’s side have had to scrape and claw to get every point this season, so the club have had to fight to get each bum on a seat at the AJ Bell Stadium in a region dominated by football and rugby league. Sid Sutton, the Sale chief executive, tells Telegraph Sport that the club are on the brink of signing a deal that will give them operational control of the AJ Bell Stadium that will further accelerate their growth.Β 

Β 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2023/05/10/sale-sharks-grassroots-schools-stadium-sid-sutton/

57 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

As much as Alex Sanderson’s side have had to scrape and claw to get every point this season, so the club have had to fight to get each bum on a seat at the AJ Bell Stadium in a region dominated by football and rugby league. Sid Sutton, the Sale chief executive, tells Telegraph Sport that the club are on the brink of signing a deal that will give them operational control of the AJ Bell Stadium that will further accelerate their growth.Β 

Β 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/2023/05/10/sale-sharks-grassroots-schools-stadium-sid-sutton/

Oh dear.

2 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Β 

Β 

That article doesn't sound good at all. Talks in terms of Sale being able to optimise use of the stadium 7 days a week, not just how their matchday operation is run... oh 'eck.

Β 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

3 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Β 

That article doesn't sound good at all. Talks in terms of Sale being able to optimise use of the stadium 7 days a week, not just how their matchday operation is run... oh 'eck.

Β 

Isn't this old news ?

See Hensons post on page 3 of this thread dated march 6th.........

Β It's not happened so far so I wouldn't write off SRD just yet

12 minutes ago, del capo said:

Isn't this old news ?

See Hensons post on page 3 of this thread dated march 6th.........

Β It's not happened so far so I wouldn't write off SRD just yet

New article dated 10th May.

OK. Let's not call it "new news", but old news that hasn't gone away and has in fact progressed.

Given the many assertions by SRD fans that it is in fact SRD who are in pole position to take control of the stadium, it is clearly relevant that the opposite seems to be true.

If Sale get control, SRD are done.

45 minutes ago, del capo said:

But same message.

I think the fact that the Sale CEO now thinks the deal has progressed to a point where telling The Telegraph they're "on the brink" of doing it is a material difference to the March 6 story, which was just an unsourced story in a trade rag. Can't imagine he'd do that if it wasn't genuinely close, he'd look daft if he did.

This can't be good for Salford, at best you're looking at them being secondary tenants on reasonable terms hopefully governed by the council as part of their negotiations with Sale. But that's a long way from a good situation. Balls.Β 

Β 

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, Toby Chopra said:

Looks like the Salford cabinet is meeting on Tuesday to decide:

https://sccdemocracy.salford.gov.uk/ieListDocuments.aspx?CId=133&MID=7441

Good luck, I hope Salford get the decision they are looking for.

Salford do really need to get in a position where they control their own destiny though and not constantly be at the mercy of others. A strong Salford would be great for the game.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

Ah, another SaRL link. Sod that.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The level of debt (and failure to meet loan agreement after loan agreement), is even more than we first thought.

It's clear that both SRD and the Salford Stadium are white elephants.

• Haha 1