Salford FC move to AJB is OFF

14 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

People in Salford.....

I support London....and they have been run appallingly. Spaffing £25 million last few years to take us from 5000 crowds in SL to where we are now 

Happy to denigrate what a p*** poor effort we have made ....my club has been shocking 

But don't kid yourself that your club has done anything for increasing RL support in your area or in general.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Linky no worky.

It won't. Musk has broken his toy, again.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

But don't kid yourself that your club has done anything for increasing RL support in your area or in general.

I think that's a confusion between two very different things: The effort put in and the sad results.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

7 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

Salford have been hamstrung somewhat in the fact they have no control over any match day revenue and are unable to use the stadium to generate cash via concerts/boxing events etc as they are only a tenant.

Feel free to list what "actions" Salford should've been taking, I'm all ears.

They were the first tenants of the stadium. How they didn't capitalise on that is the problem and they allowed Sale and potentially Salford FC to usurp them in the pecking order. This wasn't inevitable, they could have done things to strengthen their 'brand'. What that might have been was for them to have decided.

I wish Salford well, I hope they turn the corner and crack on to the next level. But blaming everyone else is not the answer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I think that's a confusion between two very different things: The effort put in and the sad results.

I don't really know what efforts they have or haven't put in. Not sure anyone does. Like others though it's hard to watch them give expensive 8 year contacts out whilst not increasing the fan base and reach 

3 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I don't really know what efforts they have or haven't put in. Not sure anyone does. Like others though it's hard to watch them give expensive 8 year contacts out whilst not increasing the fan base and reach 

Sorry but you're talking out of your backside and TBH your posts just come across as trolling.

You have no idea what efforts the club are making but you are in a position to make assumptions about contracts? Care to tell us how much these "expensive 8 year contracts" cost? Nope, didn't think so. You have no idea so you're just clutching at straws to have a dig.

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

don't really know what efforts they have or haven't put in. Not sure anyone does.

The SRD fans do.

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Like others though it's hard to watch them give expensive 8 year contacts out whilst not increasing the fan base and reach 

Well that's part of the answer hanging on to their stars has been a huge problem over the years and has prevented them from gaining momentum and long term competitiveness,d having stars atrracts customers u

1 minute ago, DimmestStar said:

Couple of weeks ago I visited the AJBell and the club 'shop' is a bench outside the burger van with a few scarves for sale.

There's a most attractive shop but alas it's for Sale Sharks only and closed and in darkness on Salford match day.

Incorrect, but then you know that and you're trolling, badly, just like a few others on this thread. 

So to put you straight.....

There was a VX3 merchandise van at the ground on the evening of the HKR game (near the beer tent). The "bench" you refer to would've been one run by the supporters trust to generate funds for the development squad as they sell off a range of second hand rugby goods donated and do raffles etc.

TBH, I can't recall the exact reason why we can't use the club shop which Sale have taken over but it's probably due to the high rental which the club can't afford. If you're working to a shoestring budget then spending tens of thousands of pounds a season probably isn't the wisest move when online sales account for the vast majority of your income.

You're welcome.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

It is basically the issue of the sport. That and the RFL decade of negligance of NH internationals which has now crippled them. 

On the plus side the NRL is booming with all time record viewing figures on fox sports

48 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Incorrect, but then you know that and you're trolling, badly, just like a few others on this thread. 

So to put you straight.....

There was a VX3 merchandise van at the ground on the evening of the HKR game (near the beer tent). The "bench" you refer to would've been one run by the supporters trust to generate funds for the development squad as they sell off a range of second hand rugby goods donated and do raffles etc.

TBH, I can't recall the exact reason why we can't use the club shop which Sale have taken over but it's probably due to the high rental which the club can't afford. If you're working to a shoestring budget then spending tens of thousands of pounds a season probably isn't the wisest move when online sales account for the vast majority of your income.

You're welcome.

Your words 'can't afford' and 'shoestring budget' tell a story.

13 hours ago, gingerjon said:

It won't. Musk has broken his toy, again.

its what happens when you keep throwing them out of the pram... 

3 minutes ago, northamptoncougar said:

So Sale can now buy the ground? Is this not very very bad?

No, according to quite a few Total posters RU are our friends in sport so it'll work out fine.

• Sad 1

I can never keep up with whether Salford are on the rise or in their death throes. Feels like about a fortnight since they were 1 from 1 and had all their best players tied up to long term contracts.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

I can never keep up with whether Salford are on the rise or in their death throes. Feels like about a fortnight since they were 1 from 1 and had all their best players tied up to long term contracts.

Usually both things at the same time.

The ground is just another drama affecting the club. If only we could have a single drama free season.

Been a fan for a long long time but this might just finish me off

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red Willow said:

The ground is just another drama affecting the club. If only we could have a single drama free season.

Same here, Red Willow. The long term injuries in an already small squad are now building up. That bloke with the poster ‘the end is nigh’ in the 70’s might have been right after all.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

13 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Same here, Red Willow. The long term injuries in an already small squad are now building up. That bloke with the poster ‘the end is nigh’ in the 70’s might have been right after all.

I think you're both correct on this move out and move on while you're still sane.