Championship odds 2023

First bookies that I have seen quoting the Championship are Skybet and this is how they are going...if it were just for the regular season I'd say Fev are a fairly priced at 7-4, Toulouse a bit too short, Fax a bit overpriced and Bradford, Keighley and Widnes all too short. However these are the odds to win the Grand Final which adds a bit of randomness to it.

Featherstone Rovers

7/4

Toulouse Olympique

7/4

Bradford Bulls

12/1

Halifax Panthers

12/1

Keighley Cougars

12/1

Widnes Vikings

16/1

York City Knights

16/1

Batley Bulldogs

20/1

Barrow Raiders

25/1

Sheffield Eagles

40/1

London Broncos

50/1

Newcastle Thunder

66/1

Whitehaven RLFC

80/1

Swinton Lions

100/1

3 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

Joint 3rd faves.?!?!

Not with the current squad we arent, absolutely no chance.

Leeds DR though innit? Stick 2 or 3 of the Leeds squad numbers 20-30 in every week on top of your new signings and Bradford should be way better than last year. Not 100% convinced by Dunning though but we'll see.

43 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

First bookies that I have seen quoting the Championship are Skybet and this is how they are going...if it were just for the regular season I'd say Fev are a fairly priced at 7-4, Toulouse a bit too short, Fax a bit overpriced and Bradford, Keighley and Widnes all too short. However these are the odds to win the Grand Final which adds a bit of randomness to it.

Featherstone Rovers

7/4

Toulouse Olympique

7/4

Bradford Bulls

12/1

Halifax Panthers

12/1

Keighley Cougars

12/1

Widnes Vikings

16/1

York City Knights

16/1

Batley Bulldogs

20/1

Barrow Raiders

25/1

Sheffield Eagles

40/1

London Broncos

50/1

Newcastle Thunder

66/1

Whitehaven RLFC

80/1

Swinton Lions

100/1

Bottom 4 look about right, be 2 from those 4 for the relegation spots

22 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Can't believe  Batley's odds, better then that surely?

Looking at Widnes being shorter than Batley, Tom Gilmore must be an even better player than most of us have given him credit for!

Gilmore and Hooley will be big misses for Batley, but they have a strong pack and a good coach and should be very competitive again.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Looking at Widnes being shorter than Batley, Tom Gilmore must be an even better player than most of us have given him credit for!

Gilmore and Hooley will be big misses for Batley, but they have a strong pack and a good coach and should be very competitive again.

Definitely.

Not sure what to make of them odds. Fev and Toulouse clearly the top 2 on paper, would have Fev as clear faves though, personally. 

Us (Keighley) at 12s is interesting. Whilst I think we've signed well there's still a number of players in key positions making the step up to champ for the first time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Leeds DR though innit? Stick 2 or 3 of the Leeds squad numbers 20-30 in every week on top of your new signings and Bradford should be way better than last year. Not 100% convinced by Dunning though but we'll see.

You mean like we have had the last couple of years?  

No doubt we will be better but we cant possibly be join 3rd favourites at the min based on what we have currently have.  

10 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think Widnes have recruited really well and I think they will be the 'most improved' team on the back of it.

30 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Fax or Keighley for GF win. Fev are too old and the coach is ropey. TO will make GF

To be fair we’ve recruited younger players this year. Personally I think Fev are stronger than last year, with the pack looking much better. Should be a good competitive season.

• Like 3

Don’t know much about Toulouse tbh so can’t comment. Featherstone have recruited well and I see them as favourites , their pack looks strong again . As a faxfan hoping we continue to progress and challenge again for the playoffs. Not sure on Bradford, some risks attached to their recruitment and dunning not proved himself yet . Batleys odds are completely disrespectful as lingard as proved himself time  and time again . It’ll be interesting to see if kear reverts to his old school tactics or whether that was down to the pitch at odsal . I can see Sheffield challenging for a playoff this year .

11 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

You mean like we have had the last couple of years?  

No doubt we will be better but we cant possibly be join 3rd favourites at the min based on what we have currently have.  

Yes fair comment. A couple of the more clickbaity websites have got very carried away with Bradford's recruitment and I guess the betting market is always more impressed by change than the status quo. Halifax for instance have retained most of their decent squad from last year and made some interesting additions, so should clearly be no worse than 3rd favs. Same with Batley who apart from 2 key losses have retained the nucleus from last year and added a couple of big units to an already strong pack.

There's definitely a chance the Bulls will be much better this year, but a lot of things will have to fall into place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colin James said:

I think Widnes have recruited really well and I think they will be the 'most improved' team on the back of it.

Hmm. Maybe. Gilmore, yes a very good signing, although not many half backs have really excelled under Kear in recent years. Johnstone's a good signing, so is Evans from Whitehaven. Amor will be 36 in May and I doubt he will make a huge impact, in playing terms anyway. Hatton's a solid player, but I'm not yet convinced they have the squad to make a huge step forward.

5 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Have Batley and Barrow regressed that much and others have overtaken them? 

I think both those clubs have probably attracted more attention, rightly or wrongly, for the high-profile players that have left them (Gilmore/Hooley for Batley, Riston/Miloudi for Barrow), than for the signings they have made, that could be a mistake and I certainly wouldn't rule either out as big players this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dealwithit said:

London are better than the odds suggest. Have kept bulk of squad together, added a few and the coach is terrific. 

London have a decent starting 13, but any injuries and squad is thread bare.  Can't see them finishing above 10th

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crashmon said:

London have a decent starting 13, but any injuries and squad is thread bare.  Can't see them finishing above 10th

Their halfback Oli Leyland is a pal of my son’s from Maidstone Grammar School. I’ve not seen him play live yet but I’m told they have high hopes for him and he may well be capable of playing at a higher level ? Have you watched him play ?