Championship odds 2023

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Maybe contract bonuses for reaching the semi final? I know not reaching the semi final has allegedly saved Fax a bit of money involving contracts for this coming season so maybe thats partly the swing?

Possibly - certainly in Jamie Ellis' case.

Brendan O'Hagan going home is a fair wedge saved, hopefully it'll be reinvested in a centre and a big nasty prop.

17 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

My sentiments exactly.  

Still time to bolster the squad but we need at least 2 if not 3 middles and a frontline winger. I know  Dunning is keen to use DR more this season but id still like some.more of our own boddies in. 

I agree. I'd rather us not have the DR tbh unless its season long though. We are 3 signings away from what I think is one of most exciting squads in recent years. (Obviously depends how we are coached) Not full of big names or/and journey men. 

A SL quality fb whos still young with a point to prove, a skipper who's proven and respected youngsters of the calibre Myles Lawford who I feel is this year's breakthrough player for us.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

14 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

I agree. I'd rather us not have the DR tbh unless its season long though. We are 3 signings away from what I think is one of most exciting squads in recent years. (Obviously depends how we are coached) Not full of big names or/and journey men. 

A SL quality fb whos still young with a point to prove, a skipper who's proven and respected youngsters of the calibre Myles Lawford who I feel is this year's breakthrough player for us.

Can see lawford going SL within the next 18 months 

• Like 1

Just now, Gav Wilson said:

As it stands we're running with a squad of 24, with 7 out injured before a ball has even been kicked... 😅

Well, you have got my lot first up and we have been known to be pretty accommodating when it comes to playing teams who are "struggling".

• Haha 2

Just because you think everyone hates you doesn't mean they don't.

On 21/12/2022 at 20:16, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Odds at this stage last year:

Featherstone Rovers: 6/5

Leigh Centurions: 2/1

Halifax Panthers: 10/1

York City Knights: 12/1

Bradford Bulls: 14/1

Newcastle Thunder: 16/1

Widnes Vikings: 20/1

London Broncos: 25/1

Batley Bulldogs: 40/1

Whitehaven: 66/1

Dewsbury Rams: 80/1

Barrow Raiders: 100/1

Sheffield Eagles: 125/1

Workington Town: 150/1

Sheffield were massively underestimated last year, and I think 10th for them this year is wrong too.

• Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

4 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Only 2 now! Haha

5 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

A combination of bad luck and odd recruitment decisions. 

Most unlike you to be pessimistic gav. You normally won’t have a bad word to say about the club

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward