Championship odds 2023

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

No real drive for a SL push this year I take it?

I guess we are ticking boxes because unfortunately it’s not what your going to do on the field that counts

• Sad 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

4 hours ago, RSN said:

Whats led to Josh Johnson leaving Widnes for Bradford? Good signing. 

I'm not losing any sleep over him going to be honest. He's not performed and has generally either been injured or spent his time on the field giving away daft penalties. Maybe someone else can get a tune out of him. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

3 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I'm not losing any sleep over him going to be honest. He's not performed and has generally either been injured or spent his time on the field giving away daft penalties. Maybe someone else can get a tune out of him. 

You will be wishing you had him back after watching a few games from Ant Walker

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

You will be wishing you had him back after watching a few games from Ant Walker

He's slimmed down a bit to be fair to him. See how he goes he'll only ever be an impact player. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

14 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

He's slimmed down a bit to be fair to him. See how he goes he'll only ever be an impact player. 

Ant Walker was comfortably our best player when he first arrived at Odsal. Easily Superleague standard.

Last season, he was a shadow of that 2021 player. He has had family issues and might be in a better state of mind this season.

https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/sportlatest/19893392.bradford-offer-escape-walker-tough-time/

• Thanks 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

• 2 weeks later...

Latest odds

Featherstone Rovers – 1/1
Toulouse Olympique – 2/1
Halifax Panthers – 12/1
Keighley Cougars – 14/1
York Knights – 14/1
Bradford Bulls – 16/1
Widnes Vikings – 16/1
Batley Bulldogs – 20/1
Sheffield Eagles – 25/1
Barrow Raiders – 40/1
London Broncos – 66/1
Newcastle Thunder – 80/1
Swinton Lions – 100/1
Whitehaven – 150/1

2 hours ago, POR said:

Latest odds

Featherstone Rovers – 1/1
Toulouse Olympique – 2/1
Halifax Panthers – 12/1
Keighley Cougars – 14/1
York Knights – 14/1
Bradford Bulls – 16/1
Widnes Vikings – 16/1
Batley Bulldogs – 20/1
Sheffield Eagles – 25/1
Barrow Raiders – 40/1
London Broncos – 66/1
Newcastle Thunder – 80/1
Swinton Lions – 100/1
Whitehaven – 150/1

Given those odds it's looking a bit boring in the Championship this year ?

19 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

No more so than last season, and all through the pre-season everyone has been saying the opposite anyway, that there won't be a standout team this year and that every team will lose several games. It's up to the likes of Halifax, Bradford, York, Batley etc to make sure the two current favourites don't have things all their own way.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Betting shops have never been the place where the magic happens Gubby!

1/1 for Fev is why the House always wins.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

14 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

No more so than last season, and all through the pre-season everyone has been saying the opposite anyway, that there won't be a standout team this year and that every team will lose several games. It's up to the likes of Halifax, Bradford, York, Batley etc to make sure the two current favourites don't have things all their own way.

Excuse me Phantom, I have said and maintain that Fev will win all their League games this season, and especially so when they get the full compliment to chose from with those not available on Monday coming back into the fray.

19 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Excuse me Phantom, I have said and maintain that Fev will win all their League games this season, and especially so when they get the full compliment to chose from with those not available on Monday coming back into the fray.

Sure Harry but do you remember this quote from, er, you, in February last season after the game against Leigh?

"Well well done though Fev they were a joy to watch, can they do a Hull FC of the early 80s and go undefeated in the regular season, on this showing in those conditions they have every chance of doing just that, only complacency could prevent them."

It's a fool's errand trying to predict an unbeaten season for anyone in rugby league, given how many twists and turns there usually are along the way. The last person before you that I remember predicting an unbeaten season in the Championship was Derek Beaumont a few years ago, and that got no further than round 1 as any Batley fan will remember!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Sure Harry but do you remember this quote from, er, you, in February last season after the game against Leigh?

"Well well done though Fev they were a joy to watch, can they do a Hull FC of the early 80s and go undefeated in the regular season, on this showing in those conditions they have every chance of doing just that, only complacency could prevent them."

It's a fool's errand trying to predict an unbeaten season for anyone in rugby league, given how many twists and turns there usually are along the way. The last person before you that I remember predicting an unbeaten season in the Championship was Derek Beaumont a few years ago, and that got no further than round 1 as any Batley fan will remember!

Well remembered Phantom, but I was unaware what Leigh were going to do in the recruitment process from that game on, the squad assembled by you this season will take some catching up by anyone, and I didn't realise that Brian McDermott would have been as stupid as he was with letting player's go out on loan, his selections and on field tactics that caused some head scratching especially defensively, I dont think the combination of Long & Pryce will leave anything on the field. I am going to stick by my prediction and say again "only complacency could prevent them"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Well remembered Phantom, but I was unaware what Leigh were going to do in the recruitment process from that game on, the squad assembled by you this season will take some catching up by anyone, and I didn't realise that Brian McDermott would have been as stupid as he was with letting player's go out on loan, his selections and on field tactics that caused some head scratching especially defensively, I dont think the combination of Long & Pryce will leave anything on the field. I am going to stick by my prediction and say again "only complacency could prevent them"

Batley must have recruited well same as Leigh?

• Like 1

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward