World Rankings

11 minutes ago, bamfordsbeans said:

There are 51 countries mentioned in the mens rankings which is impressive.

However does anybody know the number of countries where there is domestic activity?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bamfordsbeans said:

However does anybody know the number of countries where there is domestic activity?

It’s hard to say. I would say most affiliate members of the irl would have some form of domestic activity as it requires a minimum amount of activity to hold affiliate membership. 

I would say almost all full members should have a domestic scene. So that would make about 17 nations. I would say that will change over the next few years with the addition of Greece Brazil USA Canada and a few others were probably looking at 22-25 full members by 2025

Those rankings have some glitches. Samoa ranks 3rd at 17% which should put them down at 8th. Obviously they got a lot of points from the WC so they would be 3rd but why 17%

Maybe it's 77%

And what's with the % anyway? They need to calculate the points to calculate the % so why not just use the points?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bamfordsbeans said:

49 by my count depending on what you mean by "domestic activity".

new rise.jpg

3 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Those rankings have some glitches. Samoa ranks 3rd at 17% which should put them down at 8th. Obviously they got a lot of points from the WC so they would be 3rd but why 17%

Maybe it's 77%

And what's with the % anyway? They need to calculate the points to calculate the % so why not just use the points?

International Rugby League world rankings are based upon results over the past 4 years of competition. They are expressed as a percentage of the Number 1 ranked nation (i.e. the number 1 ranked nation is 100 - the other nations are expressed as a percentage)

Literally tells you before the rankings!

Also, Samoa says 87% next to it, not 17%. They may have corrected it since you saw it.

• Like 1
Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

International Rugby League world rankings are based upon results over the past 4 years of competition. They are expressed as a percentage of the Number 1 ranked nation (i.e. the number 1 ranked nation is 100 - the other nations are expressed as a percentage)

Literally tells you before the rankings!

Also, Samoa says 87% next to it, not 17%. They may have corrected it since you saw it.

You missed the point. They used to show the points tally and expressing it as % is a recent invention. My question is why not just show the points tally?

And yes they have made a few changes in the last few hours.

3 hours ago, Farmduck said:

You missed the point. They used to show the points tally and expressing it as % is a recent invention. My question is why not just show the points tally?

I can't answer that unfortunately.

Maybe they decided it was easier to read? I don't know.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

7 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Who knows for sure, but they probably just think it’s better to use numbers with a scale of 100 (round number with three digits) rather than… whatever the raw numbers would scale to.

On 21/12/2022 at 09:56, bamfordsbeans said:

I can tell you with certainty: Latvia, Belgium, Denmark, Hungary do not. Sweden still has a pulse, however nothing you can really call activity. 

Spain were at the Wheelchair World Cup, but I don't believe anything is happening domestically.

So if we remove those 6, we are down to 45. The other continents I am not sure, they are kess familiar to me.