Craig harrison - comments

“It’s essential they show the people of Cas that there is some youth development going off and other things going on behind the scenes to develop the club like they did in 2016, 2017 and 2018.

Now harrison is a players agent and quite outspoken at times, but does he know what he is talking about 

Why do they? They need to do what they can to get as high a grade as possible in 2023 for 2024 and beyond. If academy players playing games at first team level has some weight on the grades, then yes they do, if they don’t, then they don’t really need to. 

• Like 1

I listened to a few of the podcasts last season and it never failed to surprise me that for a group of 3 RL agents and a 'journalist', they were all so far behind the news cycle and out the loop on things that were already public domain confirmed such as transfer rumours/stories etc. Its like they paid no attention to any of the RL media and unless it was something Bradford related(in Gledhills case) or about one of their players they didn't have a clue what they were talking about. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I quite like the show but obviously gledhill inevitably has to have his Bradford speech every now and then and Craig has a reacharound with James ford . At least they’re passionate about the sport and ultimately they’re trying , much prefer it to the 40/20 show and they discuss other clubs outside the superleague .

• Like 1

It’s hard for me. Son plays pro and we have discussed things with CH as part of negotiations etc. Son is not with him. Decent bloke could have a pint with him but talks shister and to cap it all his son now doing same. He has loads of hangers on but son just couldn’t contemplate going with him. Obviously on here you don’t identify yourself but if need be I can back my comments up. British game is fanooooked. New Aussie salary cap says it all. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

It’s hard for me. Son plays pro and we have discussed things with CH as part of negotiations etc. Son is not with him. Decent bloke could have a pint with him but talks shister and to cap it all his son now doing same. He has loads of hangers on but son just couldn’t contemplate going with him. Obviously on here you don’t identify yourself but if need be I can back my comments up. British game is fanooooked. New Aussie salary cap says it all. 

Aussie salary cap is proportional to the revenues the NRL generates. If we want to pay more, we need to develop our incomes.

If Sky don't want to pay the fair rate, we need to move elsewhere. That may mean short term pain...

Our "leaders" have devalued the game beyond recognition. 

It was mooted that C4 paid circa £10k per game! Baffling if true.

The game has proved it's media worth - now IMG need to get the media outlets to pay up!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dboy said:

Aussie salary cap is proportional to the revenues the NRL generates. If we want to pay more, we need to develop our incomes.

If Sky don't want to pay the fair rate, we need to move elsewhere. That may mean short term pain...

Our "leaders" have devalued the game beyond recognition. 

It was mooted that C4 paid circa £10k per game! Baffling if true.

The game has proved it's media worth - now IMG need to get the media outlets to pay up!

Hi. I can’t argue with anything you say. Furthermore I know this is not CH fault and to add clarity he only took a fee off players when they were paid a certain salary. I can’t recall the threshold so I won’t speculate. I do know that some players are on £18,000 at Super League clubs at the age of 21-22 years of age.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Hi. I can’t argue with anything you say. Furthermore I know this is not CH fault and to add clarity he only took a fee off players when they were paid a certain salary. I can’t recall the threshold so I won’t speculate. I do know that some players are on £18,000 at Super League clubs at the age of 21-22 years of age.

Sorry, I wasn't chomping at any particular person at all.

CH is, I'm sure, a genuine bloke - he puts himself out there and speaks his mind.

It certainly isn't "his" fault, though I do know of agents who have ultimately ended their clients careers through their own greed and obstinance. 

I am definatey aware of super league contracted players who get paid £18,000 plus match fees. 

Our game has been fairly poorly managed for a nunber of years although IMG have already identified some high level performers. 

That £18,000 is nowhere near good enough and there is a real need to grow a variety of revenue streams like catalan dragons have done. 

I hope the IMG partnership gives security for our players and a minimum standard for a suoer league player, but also identfies ways to bring more money into our sport

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

I know lads who were training full time at Super League clubs but having to get lifts to and from training (and games) from their parents being paid an absolute pittance. Clubs take advantage. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

I do know that some players are on £18,000 at Super League clubs at the age of 21-22 years of age.

Away from all the arguments about "where the money comes from" or "how much the game is worth", it is worth putting front and centre the demands that we as supporters and viewers put on players and how little genuine reward they get for doing it.

• Like 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Away from all the arguments about "where the money comes from" or "how much the game is worth", it is worth putting front and centre the demands that we as supporters and viewers put on players and how little genuine reward they get for doing it.

I'm always intrigued about how many players see it as a job and how many it is still a passion 

I suspect it's a spectrum and there are players who all along the scale ......maybe moving along it at different times if the year and in thier career 

• Like 1

I tend not to pay much attention to what Craig Harrison says.  I'm still waiting for that story about Wigan from a couple of months ago that was going to be the biggest RL news story for years.

I'd take almost everything he says with a whole heap of salt and in the context of the sole purpose being publicising himself and his clients.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, SUPERSTUD said:

Which is one of the problems, so many players leave the game as there's more money working for Amazon with no quals than full time SL.

Granted theres a chance of climbing the ladder, but it's a risk as your not developing your CV outside if the game.

6 hours ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

I'm always intrigued about how many players see it as a job and how many it is still a passion 

I suspect it's a spectrum and there are players who all along the scale ......maybe moving along it at different times if the year and in thier career 

Very true, starts as a hobby, becomes a passion you can earn money at then becomes a job IME.

• Like 1

Players just want to do what they initially started out wanting to do which is play! Paid or not that is all they want to do. Pumpers get hold of them and promise this ###### and that ######. The commitment at even semi pro level is crackers in comparison to what they are paid. The time has come for people to STAND UP for the PLAYERS. IMG I am ready and waiting to be a part of a working committee to ensure PLAYERS rights are protected going forward.

• Like 1

"My favourite player is Kane Linnett. He's got Luis Johnson, James Batchelor and Matty Storton with him now. Matt Parcell and Jez Litten speak for themself and are as good as any pairing in the competition. George King will lead the line with Minchella. I think Hull KR are 10-12 points better than last year. I think they'll be top four if they believe and get some consistency. Even top two."