Batley Friendly

David

Neil. Will there be any hospitality packages available for this game? I have a dear friend who has a dear friend in Batley and he would like to treat him, and me and others.

17 hours ago, David said:

Neil. Will there be any hospitality packages available for this game? I have a dear friend who has a dear friend in Batley and he would like to treat him, and me and others.

Details here , but it will only be a one course meal , not the normal three course.

https://www.yorkrlfc.com/post/york-to-face-batley-in-pre-season-friendly

41 minutes ago, POR said:

Talking about Batley they say that due to the cost of living crisis all adult tickets will be capped at £10 for the 2023 season. Children U18 will be allowed entry for free.

Have Batley reduced the ticket prices this late in the day,due to lack of season ticket sales?

It's not due to season ticket sales at all, they have not started selling them yet, please read Kevin's announcement, he only declared the prices at this announcement.

7 hours ago, Puk said:

Have Batley reduced the ticket prices this late in the day,due to lack of season ticket sales?

Largely due to poor attendances considering their successful team, I understand.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

50 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Largely due to poor attendances considering their successful team, I understand.

Must have been 1500 there today. Great turnout for a very enjoyable game, I wish them success with this bold move. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fevrover said:

It's an odd thing that the traditional Boxing Day game between the clubs regularly draws a larger gate than either of the league fixtures (none this season, sadly). I know that a few neutrals like to take in a game on this day but there are also quite a few "once a year RL fans" who come along. I think that it is these casual supporters that KN is hoping to entice. I hope that it works for them.

• Like 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

It's an odd thing that the traditional Boxing Day game between the clubs regularly draws a larger gate than either of the league fixtures (none this season, sadly). I know that a few neutrals like to take in a game on this day but there are also quite a few "once a year RL fans" who come along. I think that it is these casual supporters that KN is hoping to entice. I hope that it works for them.

Yes I too hope it works for them, here at York we've had promotion and watched a pretty successful side over the last few years but we only average about 1800, that's why iam pleased changes are happening With I M G, fingers  crossed for a better financial future. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Yes I too hope it works for them, here at York we've had promotion and watched a pretty successful side over the last few years but we only average about 1800, that's why iam pleased changes are happening With I M G, fingers  crossed for a better financial future. 

The average last season was 1,984. 

• Thanks 2

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

22 minutes ago, DEANO said:

How would we know

Crowds are now on the Wikipedia page for the 2022 championship season. I have a vague recollection of someone saying every attendance is in the end of year Rothman guide so looks like someone has kindly added them. 

The average for the season for York is indeed 1984.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3