I wonder who the 5 oldest members of TRLF are?

35 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

"Widnes years"? ....so that takes account of life shortening factors like a Northern diet etc? 

No, it's purely based on following Widnes RLFC. 

It's roughly 3 years to 1 year. They were World Club champions during my first game, and things have been slightly more turbulent since. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

No, it's purely based on following Widnes RLFC. 

It's roughly 3 years to 1 year. They were World Club champions during my first game, and things have been slightly more turbulent since. 

Ha ha....Widnes fans like Bradford fans have some stress/fall from grace to deal with!

2 hours ago, hindle xiii said:

I have recently had to accept maybe my time to play professionally has passed. 😁

Is that you Luke Gale?

I'm sure George Watt of this parish won't mind me mentioning that he once said he went to the opening of Boothferry Park in Hull in 1946 which suggests he must surely have reached four score by now.

Talking of ages, do people remember Viking Warrior, a Widnes fan who used to post on here? His posting style and, in my opinion, his seeming inability to accept any other opinion other than his made me think he was in his teens. I was absolutely astounded when he stated that he was in his sixties.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

18 hours ago, The Rocket said:

I`m 58 and a lot of people think I look about 45. Mentally, depends whether you get me on a good day or bad.

45 is good though, cause I still get young birds coming on to me, and at 58 that`s always a buzz.

I'm 62 and I've had younger women saying I don't look that old 

But women tell lies 

• Haha 1

On 06/01/2023 at 18:14, gazza77 said:

There's a poster on the Fev page who regularly likes to remind everyone he's nearly 90 and started watching Fev in 1930 something. 

The rest of them are 89

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

9 hours ago, Kayakman said:

After the Toronto debacle I feel like I'm 99.

What?

Are you telling me you are not?

Is it because you have a hard life?

Edited by Bearman
Sp
  • Like 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

4 hours ago, Padge said:

The rest of them are 89

To defend myself, I beg to differ. 😜

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

On 07/01/2023 at 12:11, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Ha ha....Widnes fans like Bradford fans have some stress/fall from grace to deal with!

I had an actual fall from grace in the week before Christmas. Slipped on an icy pavement and currently recovering from a broken collarbone and a cut  area of scalp.

It's only fair to warn you that my shoulder has been slightly less painful than watching Kearball every week.

I'm 68.

• Like 1

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

On 07/01/2023 at 14:32, Bearman said:

What?

Are you telling me you are not?

Is it because you have a hard life?

Ha!

You know I ain't no victim and even if I was I would never admit it!

• Haha 1

On 08/01/2023 at 01:29, Old Frightful said:

Is that you Luke Gale?

I'm sure George Watt of this parish won't mind me mentioning that he once said he went to the opening of Boothferry Park in Hull in 1946 which suggests he must surely have reached four score by now..

Thanks OF. Am rapidly heading for 85!  First RL match I remember attending in Hull was in 1945 at Craven Park closely followed by a trip to the Boulevard. Mum born in East Hull was Hull KR and dad born in West Hull was FC. When I was born in 1938 my parents were running a pub in the 'Old Town' which was demolished in the 70's.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, George Watt said:

Thanks OF. Am rapidly heading for 85!  First RL match I remember attending in Hull was in 1945 at Craven Park closely followed by a trip to the Boulevard. Mum born in East Hull was Hull KR and dad born in West Hull was FC. When I was born in 1938 my parents were running a pub in the 'Old Town' which was demolished in the 70's.

Incredible we have contributors who remember games from the 40s when the game was only a bit older than Broncos are now !

2 hours ago, George Watt said:

Do you have any memory of the news from 45? I.e VE day and all that? 

On 06/01/2023 at 23:36, The Rocket said:

I`m 58 and a lot of people think I look about 45. Mentally, depends whether you get me on a good day or bad.

45 is good though, cause I still get young birds coming on to me, and at 58 that`s always a buzz.

Didn't realise there were so many girls with daddy issues in Australia. 

I'm researching Australian immigration policy ASAP.

• Haha 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

33 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Didn't realise there were so many girls with daddy issues in Australia. 

I'm researching Australian immigration policy ASAP.

Don't take him on , he's an Aussie , = overinflated sense of worth/knowledge 😉