Bad beer!

The scrim reaper

This post is probably aimed at kev! any plans to change those terrible plastic drinking vessels we use at Mount this season the amount of people that have mentioned how bad they are! As soon as the lager goes in its as flat as a fart!(try it and see) Any chance you could look at alternatives that keep it alive for a while, your welcome to sample as much free beer whilst finding an alternative! 

It could also to do with outside drinking near the pitch, plastic instead of glass, even the bottle bar is plastic bottles, the only place with glass is the Ron Earnshaw Lounge.

43 minutes ago, RogerT said:

It could also to do with outside drinking near the pitch, plastic instead of glass, even the bottle bar is plastic bottles, the only place with glass is the Ron Earnshaw Lounge.

Many years ago Roger, within Kevin's time in charge but before the long terrace was demolished, I took a friend to a local derby.  As the tide of the game turned in our favour a young Dewsbury supporter threw a bottle of beer up in the air and over his shoulder. My pal did not see it coming and it knocked him out cold as well as wrecking a pair of very expensive glasses.  I didn't see the end of the match; I was in A and E with my pal.  The bottle, by the way, had been smuggled in.  As you would imagine I very strongly support the use of plastic bottles and plastic glasses in the Ground. This allows safe drinking and a source of valuable revenue.  Imagine if my friend had lost an eye and had sued the club.

Edited by Bill H

It didn't flatten my Bulldog Bitter, I didn't have a drink on Boxing Day so I can't speak for that, and it holds the head on my Guinness at home.

38 minutes ago, The scrim reaper said:

I understand the need for plastic drinking vessels, and bottles,for obvious safety reasons! the main problem with the plastic cups is they make your beer/lager flat almost immediately, there must be some alternative that does a better job! 

I am sure that you make a fair point that many drinks are not quite the same from plastic receptacles.  Is there a cheap and cheerful alternative?

Are we discussing the club- decorated plastic pint glasses (NRC, 1895 Cup Winners etc)? Must say I've never had a problem and like Rog I use mine at home.

18 hours ago, The scrim reaper said:

I understand the need for plastic drinking vessels, and bottles,for obvious safety reasons! the main problem with the plastic cups is they make your beer/lager flat almost immediately, there must be some alternative that does a better job! 

A combination of contact angles and surface energies - glass and plastics can never be the same at a microscopic level.

Also, lager is always flat and gassy, isn't it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Latest technology for flat beer. You need to  put etching marks or patterns onto the bottoms of their glasses to make the beer bubblier. These rough etchings are called nucleation points, and their job is to disturb the beer when it touches them. This gives the dissolved gas in the liquid something to latch on to and form bubbles, producing a steady stream of the bubbles as they rise from the base.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, POR said:

Latest technology for flat beer. You need to  put etching marks or patterns onto the bottoms of their glasses to make the beer bubblier. These rough etchings are called nucleation points, and their job is to disturb the beer when it touches them. This gives the dissolved gas in the liquid something to latch on to and form bubbles, producing a steady stream of the bubbles as they rise from the base.

Been going for years. Known as headkeeping glasses. 

SIGNATURE

19 hours ago, POR said:

And removing the dissolved gases results in beer going flat more quickly, despite appearing to have a satisfactory head.

{The season can't start quickly enough if we are reduced to this!}

• Haha 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

8 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

And removing the dissolved gases results in beer going flat more quickly, despite appearing to have a satisfactory head.

{The season can't start quickly enough if we are reduced to this!}

Hey Blindsider...Haven't spoken to you in quite awhile.

Speaking of bad beer we have had a bad batch orr two in our day also.  Please listen to the following lyrics about the worst batch ever brewed up in the history of Canada...its a true story!

• Haha 1

On 08/01/2023 at 13:42, Bill H said:

Many years ago Roger, within Kevin's time in charge but before the long terrace was demolished, I took a friend to a local derby.  As the tide of the game turned in our favour a young Dewsbury supporter threw a bottle of beer up in the air and over his shoulder. My pal did not see it coming and it knocked him out cold as well as wrecking a pair of very expensive glasses.  I didn't see the end of the match; I was in A and E with my pal.  The bottle, by the way, had been smuggled in.  As you would imagine I very strongly support the use of plastic bottles and plastic glasses in the Ground. This allows safe drinking and a source of valuable revenue.  Imagine if my friend had lost an eye and had sued the club.

Well you need to get your house in order... Again

In the stand behind the sticks there was loads of Batley fans with glass bottles smuggled in,one lad with a glass bottle he talked to a steward for five minutes, we waited to see if the steward confiscated the glass bottle.... But he didn't, in fact it looked like he was oblivious to the rules & regulations regarding glass objects on the terraces🤔

Which is a poor do.. For safety🤔

Edited by coolie

1 hour ago, coolie said:

In the stand behind the sticks there was loads of Batley fans with glass bottles smuggled in,one lad with a glass bottle he talked to a steward for five minutes, we waited to see if the steward confiscated the glass bottle.... But he didn't, in fact it looked like he was oblivious to the rules & regulations regarding glass objects on the terraces🤔

I assume you mean boxing day, a good hearted affair with plenty of cheer, by the way did you mention this incident to the stewards or just let it go and wonder why nothing was said. 

5 hours ago, coolie said:

Wasn't there, didn't see it, but you are right to say it shouldn't happen.