Ike Southward Memorial Trophy

homeandawayer

21 hours ago, Town Army said:

It wasn't.

Seen Jonty Gorleys interview today, he didn't seem very happy about pre season and the way it has gone, he said they are a few weeks behind from were he would want to be. 

1 hour ago, Derwent Parker said:

could play it at DP if the Paddy field is out of action

Pitch is fine don’t worry about it considering the amount of rain and the weather lately up here look on social media  

Edited by Havenfan13
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Pitch is fine don’t worry about it considering the amount of rain and the weather lately up here look on social media  

The pitch is that fine they have been avoiding training on it this week. Just pleased we are the first game on it and it will no doubt be a forward battle

The lads at work reckon JD has lost nearly 2 stone. Their fitness coach must either be some sort of magician or the penny has finally dropped. 

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

6 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

The pitch is that fine they have been avoiding training on it this week. Just pleased we are the first game on it and it will no doubt be a forward battle

The lads at work reckon JD has lost nearly 2 stone. Their fitness coach must either be some sort of magician or the penny has finally dropped. 

He was in the Zebras yesterday, he looked very slim, I'm not sure if it will help his game or not. His rotund figure made him hard to put down and he bounced out of tackles. We all knew he needed to lose some weight, just a pity he waited until he joined haven to eventually do it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Unicorn 106 said:

He was in the Zebras yesterday, he looked very slim, I'm not sure if it will help his game or not. His rotund figure made him hard to put down and he bounced out of tackles. We all knew he needed to lose some weight, just a pity he waited until he joined haven to eventually do it.

Aye it's got to be a thing where it may be a compromise as he gets older. Always wanted to see him lighter in a town shirt, but eff him he's not a Town player anymore, so he can live on takeaways and smoke 40 a day! 

• Haha 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

4 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Aye exactly what I was thinking, last season he really never turned up and let the best coach he's ever had down big style. Not really what a captain should have been doing.

• Like 1

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

4 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

That new sugar free Jam they have in Whitehaven must taste ok then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

Aye it's got to be a thing where it may be a compromise as he gets older. Always wanted to see him lighter in a town shirt, but eff him he's not a Town player anymore, so he can live on takeaways and smoke 40 a day! 

On the pints yesterday...just saying. Could have been shandy I suppose.🤔 I've got a feeling him and Cus could do some damage today, hope im way off the mark.

10 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Well your half correct.....

No it’s a pretty accurate statement but given you thought there was still a steelworks in Workington you obviously haven’t seen it since the switch to summer rugby.

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

No it’s a pretty accurate statement but given you thought there was still a steelworks in Workington you obviously haven’t seen it since the switch to summer rugby.

Err Sorry to trigger you Davy on the West Cumbrian Steel industry - (that's some segway you achieved from Havens cabbage patch pitch).... but the old British Steel Engineering plant is still in Workington, it never closed, just changed its name and owners- and its expanding and 100s more jobs are due to be created.

Your argument was that all of the steel industry jobs had gone in West Cumbria but as Chappel Bank never closed the steel industry jobs were not all lost - lot of people have worked there for 30 to 40 odd years - just a change in the plants name.

Havens pitch us just an awful bog most of the year by the way, also you can't even see the touch line if the popular side is full. No need to say thanks for my corrections marra.👍

Please - no more personal messages - it was getting a bit weird at one point - just reply on the forum. Cheers, enjoy the match today.

Edited by Mr Frisky
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Err Sorry to trigger you Davy on the West Cumbrian Steel industry - (that's some segway you achieved from Havens cabbage patch pitch).... but the old British Steel Engineering plant is still in Workington, it never closed, just changed its name and owners- and its expanding and 100s more jobs are due to be created.

Your argument was that all of the steel industry jobs had gone in West Cumbria but as Chappel Bank never closed the steel industry jobs were not all lost - lot of people have worked there for 30 to 40 odd years - just a change in the plants name.

Havens pitch us just an awful bog most of the year by the way, also you can't even see the touch line if the popular side is full. No need to say thanks for my corrections marra.👍

Please - no more personal messages - it was getting a bit weird at one point - just reply on the forum. Cheers, enjoy the match today.

I really hope the weather has been better in that parallel universe you exist in.

• Haha 1

Haven have named a decent looking squad that on the face of it should be too strong,but given the recent weather’s obvious effect on the pitch,if Town can keep within one score their fitness advantage could see them sneak the win.

Enloy the game,at least it’s stopped raining.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

I really hope the weather has been better in that parallel universe you exist in.

Thanks for replying with your mild personal abuse on the public forum rather than another PM - finally some progression. 

See you at the match later - are you still planning on standing on the popular side in your felt hat?

UTT.

• Haha 1

You two are worse than my kids! Hope you're both gonna grow a pair and meet for a pint later. 

Good luck to the lads today, excited to see our new squad in action. Obviously big underdogs today but I still think we will give them a game. UTT!  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

You two are worse than my kids! Hope you're both gonna grow a pair and meet for a pint later. 

Good luck to the lads today, excited to see our new squad in action. Obviously big underdogs today but I still think we will give them a game. UTT!  

Will be happy with a competitive hit out, no injuries and plenty of minutes for all involved.

Think Haven will have a bit to much for us but hope to be proved wrong. 

UTT 🔵⚪

• Like 1