Ike Southward Memorial Trophy

homeandawayer

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

He could also do with some better sharper service rather than a half just throwing a ball at him to smash into defenders 

I'm sure the coach will have gained a lot of good info from the game and will address what he feels is required getting the team playing the best it can, he is a coach that always gets the best out of his players.

Haven usually declare the crowd at half time and the person that does the score updates on line includes it in their report before the end of the game.  As this person was away on holiday on Sunday there were no score updates and probably why the attendance was not declared as it normally is.  Used to give it out over tanoy at half time along with the cash draw numbers but you could not hear any announcements on the popular side on Sunday.

On 17/01/2023 at 19:27, Churchill Drivers said:

Haven usually declare the crowd at half time and the person that does the score updates on line includes it in their report before the end of the game.  As this person was away on holiday on Sunday there were no score updates and probably why the attendance was not declared as it normally is.  Used to give it out over tanoy at half time along with the cash draw numbers but you could not hear any announcements on the popular side on Sunday.

Going back to the announcing of the two teams, i was sat in the front row of the smaller stand with seating but could not here a word from the anything that was announced.I think the Haven supporters need a better PA system than the one they have at present, but have to say in their defence the PA system at Town isn't Much better but you can at least hear what is being said. UTT🏉🏉🏉

• Like 1

On 18/01/2023 at 10:03, Town utd said:

Knocker Norton,Derrick Hadley,Steve maguire great rugby players who forwards an half's could run off an back up.bring back the rugby player's not just the athletes. 

Talking of positional changes ,other than Marcus O'Brien can you think of another Town player who moved from hooker to prop?

4 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Talking of positional changes ,other than Marcus O'Brien can you think of another Town player who moved from hooker to prop?

When Bamford was coach the front row was three hookers, David Ward, Walt Tabern and another who I can't remember 

48 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Keith Lynch signed as a hooker I think but played prop, Colin Falcon played both positions if I remember correct.

1 hour ago, Onreport said:

Keith Lynch signed as a hooker I think but played prop, Colin Falcon played both positions if I remember correct.

Clogger was the one i was thinking of. Not sure what position Gary Ainsworth signed as but he played every one in the pack including hooker and prop.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brookie said:

When Bamford was coach the front row was three hookers, David Ward, Walt Tabern and another who I can't remember 

Pretty sure Paul Vannet was one of the props under Bamford, Hull KR bought him off us for £20k.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally