Warrington 

Hull FC

Catalans

Castleford 

Wakefield 

Leigh 

Have you ever found that you can really go off some people ? 😉

• Haha 1

As a Hull fan it's interesting to see how many people have written us off completely given that for the first time in forever we've actually got an experienced proven coach in and have, on paper at least, recruited pretty well. Yeah we were useless last year, but you can't just ignore the amount of long term injuries we picked up that contributed to that. Not that it matters of course, I'm just curious about what people are seeing (or aren't seeing) to put us as low as 10th or 11th?

Anyway, as always I'll be miles out:

Saints

Wigan

Leeds

Huddersfield 

Hull

Catalans

Hull KR

Salford

Warrington

Castleford

Wakefield

Leigh

Although I've got Leigh bottom I do think they are better equipped to stay up than any promoted team has been in a while. However history has shown that even with a talented squad it's a hard gap to bridge, so I've gone with the safe option of putting them bottom. They could survive very comfortably if they get a bit of luck with injuries though, especially if they can get off to a fast start.

• Like 1

I'll probably do my predictions closer to the time but the side I struggle the most to predict is Hull FC. A side that consistently underachieve have appointed a coach that consistently overachieves, so it's really hard to know if Smith will drag them up or the club will drag him down!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saints win again (even as a Saints fan I don’t think it’s good for the sport) and Wakey to go down. The sooner SL goes to 14 teams the better, it’s dull with the same 11 teams and one other every season. The Championship on the other hand looks set for a very interesting year. 

• Like 3

Can't see beyond Saints for the League Leaders and Grand Final double and Hull are looking a bit steadier so they might win the CC. Relegation's the interesting one. Although on paper Leigh and Wakey have to be the main contenders I'm wondering if there could be a bit of a surprise here with possibly someone like Cas being dragged into the dogfight.

In the absence of our friend Sir Kevin Sinfield, I will post on his behalf.

1. Leeds

2. Leeds Women

3. Leeds under 18 Academy

4. Leeds Women's Academy

5. Leeds under 16 Scholarship

6. Leeds Rhinos Netball

7. Another Leeds team - will update later

8. Salford

9. Warrington

10. Hull FC

11. Wigan

12. Saints 

• Haha 6

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

13 hours ago, Cam varley said:

1st-Saints

2nd-wigan 

3rd-Huddersfield 

4th-warrington

5th-leeds

6th-Hull kr 

7th-salford

8th-Leigh

9th-catalans 

10thHull fc 

11th-Castleford

12th-wakefield

Pretty much agree with that but would swap Leigh and Hull round and Leeds and Warrington.

2 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Can't see beyond Saints for the League Leaders and Grand Final double and Hull are looking a bit steadier so they might win the CC. Relegation's the interesting one. Although on paper Leigh and Wakey have to be the main contenders I'm wondering if there could be a bit of a surprise here with possibly someone like Cas being dragged into the dogfight.

Well let's hope its a good dogfight,  fans really get into it, Sky love it and we get good viewing figures ....er..before it's scrapped and replaced by the wonderful new system, b...ugger all to do with what happens on the pitch, all about academies,  stadia etc..

A great idea devised by IMG, the people who turned Euro Basketball into the colossus it is today.

BTW St Helen's champs, Wakefield relegated, Leigh about 8th.

Edited by HawkMan
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Jughead said:

So, I’m opening that can of worms. Six weeks or so out from the start of the season, let’s see everyone’s predictions. 

Fall from Grace from the Saints this year. Totally unproven coach at top level to expose their underlying issues. Complacency slips in and first half of season a mess. The 50-0 stunning to the Panthers ta the start of the season starts the rot. Half hearted come back with a few scraped wins second half of season  

Warrington to have a great second season under Powell now he is established 

Leeds - win grand final 

Wigan

Warrington - lose Grand final 

Huddersfield 

Hull KR

Saints 

Salford

Hull FC

Catalans

Castleford 

Leigh