Friendlies

9 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

The kit?

it’s horrendous!

Team look pretty decent though, I think injuries permitting Leigh will go ok.

Watching from the stands it just looks like a fuzzy pattern , and yes it's the injury issue again , in both our 2 previous non COVID seasons we've had horrendous luck , using over 35 players on both occasions, we are still 3/4 players light , the problem is where do you get them from 

19 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

It gets you out of house and to see some RL any RL will do at moment 😆.

Yep , good run out yesterday at the LSV against a lot of Leeds players I couldn't recognise, which is probably why we saw a pretty poor turnout from Leeds ( not brilliant from us either ) of about 150 

Josh Charnley scored the first ever try by a Leopard and it was a good hard fought game with lots of mistakes which probably is what kept the scores down on both sides 

Gary had to present us with the glass vase and looked his usual miserable self 

It was bloody cold but plenty of Leopard print to keep everybody warm , I now know how Alec Gilroy felt 😉😂

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

using over 35 players on both occasions, we are still 3/4 players light , the problem is where do you get them from 

Expierience should tell the management that injuries can so easily accur in this game, in Leigh's case but for dotting the i's and crossing the t's in the GF promotion was all but secured a long time ago not just on the 3rd Oct, we commited to signing a number of player's well before then why not go for a full squad not 3/4's of one there was plenty of time.

Mr Lam said in the local paper last week that there is no urgency in signing anyone else, I hope those words don't come back to bite him in the R'se.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

It gets you out of house and to see some RL any RL will do at moment 😆.

Living where I do now everywhere is a journey and a half but I'm gagging for a bit of TGG.

• Like 1

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Watching from the stands it just looks like a fuzzy pattern , and yes it's the injury issue again , in both our 2 previous non COVID seasons we've had horrendous luck , using over 35 players on both occasions, we are still 3/4 players light , the problem is where do you get them from 

Your signing Ava seumanifagai

great signing for leigh

12 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Your signing Ava seumanifagai

great signing for leigh

He looked OK at Leeds but didn't they release him/part ways due to er.. (coughs) Family Reasons.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

2 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

He is reliable and consistently solid, unlike Hobb nobb Fusitua biscuit bones.

Seems one long nightmare for the lad.  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

You rate him Chris?

Why did Leeds let him go?

He’s a good solid prop who works hard and won’t let you down.

as said he went home because of the pandemic.

Who was the young lad on the wing with the mullet for you - I think 22?

he was your best player i thought.

For Leeds i liked that we now have some genuine size and Holroyd looks like a new signing for us.

Ash handley also looked good at full back.

Tom Nesbitt number 22, a bit player past 2 years but looks like he had a decent pre season fitness wise. We missed our hookers yesterday but with Ipape not yet ready and only 2 in the squad it was understandable Lam tried many options here. Amone was outstanding and Mulhern will be a great buy, can see Zak in the centres with OBrien at FB . We were desperate for a middle and good to see we have picked one up. Coped with Leeds middles very well though but spread to Left was poor first half. Heaviest I have ever seen LSV though. Good hit out with the worlds worse ref once more gracing the turf with the sole objective of ruining the match. Ps sorry about the ref comment but he genuinely hates Leigh.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

For Leeds i liked that we now have some genuine size and Holroyd looks like a new signing for us.

Mullet man is Tom Nisbet, he came from Saints at the start of last season but did not get much game time throughout the season, never did anything wrong but also nothing special, I expect it will be the same this season.

1 minute ago, sweaty craiq said:

Tom Nesbitt number 22, a bit player past 2 years but looks like he had a decent pre season fitness wise. We missed our hookers yesterday but with Ipape not yet ready and only 2 in the squad it was understandable Lam tried many options here. Amone was outstanding and Mulhern will be a great buy, can see Zak in the centres with OBrien at FB . We were desperate for a middle and good to see we have picked one up. Coped with Leeds middles very well though but spread to Left was poor first half. Heaviest I have ever seen LSV though. Good hit out with the worlds worse ref once more gracing the turf with the sole objective of ruining the match. Ps sorry about the ref comment but he genuinely hates Leigh.

The ref was fine - he even gave you a very dubious try.

I noticed a few six agains which were totally omitted in the boxing day game.

The pitch did look very heavy which i think lead to a bit of a slog fest up the middle.

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

The ref was fine - he even gave you a very dubious try.

I noticed a few six agains which were totally omitted in the boxing day game.

The pitch did look very heavy which i think lead to a bit of a slog fest up the middle.

He levelled it by giving you one, he was right next to the Dan Marino that was try2 for you.

very inconsistent with the 6 agains, and ptb speed

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Mullet man is Tom Nisbet, he came from Saints at the start of last season but did not get much game time throughout the season, never did anything wrong but also nothing special, I expect it will be the same this season.

Ahh, your announcer read him out as James nesbitt when announcing the team line ups!!

I thought he looked pretty good - I also think Olpherts will end up being a decent signing for us, he’s looked pretty good in both warm up games so far and with the inevitable injuries he can cover a few positions.

22 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I agree re Handley but the center options are poor. 

29 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

I agree re Handley but the center options are poor. 

I thought Edwards looked ok for a young kid.

We were missing our two first choice centres which was why we trialed quite a few players in that position.

I really hope Newman can stay fit from what ive seen in pre season training he looks in great nick

19 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I thought Edwards looked ok for a young kid.

We were missing our two first choice centres which was why we trialed quite a few players in that position.

I really hope Newman can stay fit from what ive seen in pre season training he looks in great nick

Newman is potentially box-office and makes Leeds a different team when fit, are Leeds going into season without either 1st choice centers Edwards looks lightweight from what I saw of him at York. 

24 minutes ago, Tippytoe said:

Newman is potentially box-office and makes Leeds a different team when fit, are Leeds going into season without either 1st choice centers Edwards looks lightweight from what I saw of him at York. 

Both Newman and Macdonald are targeting the first couple of rounds to be back.

Edwards isn’t first choice or even second choice back up yet.