flat caps ??

16 hours ago, Red Willow said:

On my commute home from Manchester city centre I noticed lots of flat caps, the wearers all had London accents as United are playing Charlton.

Is this a new fashion statement by softies?

They are quite common in London as well - think Del Boy on OFAH.

Yes, it's a long old slog up from the Home Counties to watch your team play at home!

when i was young flat caps and beards were for old blokes - now you see lads in their 30s walking round looking like one of the Dingles from Emmerdale WTF?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

when i was young flat caps and beards were for old blokes - now you see lads in their 30s walking round looking like one of the Dingles from Emmerdale WTF?

Saw an idiot like this earlier today, only made even more idiotic by the unicycle he was riding through the two centre... 

4 minutes ago, Madrileño said:

Thanks.

Note to self: Will avoid. 

Tell you what, you haven't seen bearded hipster weirdos until you've been to York. That's where I was heading on the bus and I haven't been for quite a while. Jesus the hipster explosion in that city is almost unbearable. I went up to a burger van at one point to get some dinner and the burgers they were doing were in pink bread buns... Obviously I didn't buy one and just went to a bakery instead and got a few of pasties. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

I blame "The Repair Shop".

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Tell you what, you haven't seen bearded hipster weirdos until you've been to York. That's where I was heading on the bus and I haven't been for quite a while. Jesus the hipster explosion in that city is almost unbearable. I went up to a burger van at one point to get some dinner and the burgers they were doing were in pink bread buns... Obviously I didn't buy one and just went to a bakery instead and got a few of pasties. 

bearded hipster weirdos

Same round here. I just hope it doesn't catch on with men.

• Haha 2

On 11/01/2023 at 11:42, hw88 said:

They are quite common in London as well - think Del Boy on OFAH.

Yes, it's a long old slog up from the Home Counties to watch your team play at home!

I think these were from London/southern softies judging by the accent. Just seemed to be an outbreak that day.

8 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

I think these were from London/southern softies judging by the accent. Just seemed to be an outbreak that day.

Outbreak? It must be a new virus. They'll make a vaccine to protect us northerners soon.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

17 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Apologies , such a beautifull city they are migrating from down south , my local The Rook & Gaskil brew their own beer in the cellar under the name Three Non Beards .

Edited by Stirlin

20 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

Apologies , such a beautifull city they are migrating from down south , my local The Rook & Gaskil brew their own beer in the cellar under the name Three Non Beards .

Don't get me wrong, York is my second favourite city in the world and I do love the place, its just been a year or so since I've been there and there did seem to be a massive influx of hipsters. We had it here in Hull a few years ago as well but we built a specific hipster district around Humber Street and the marina and they're all just contained down there well out of the way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Don't get me wrong, York is my second favourite city in the world and I do love the place, its just been a year or so since I've been there and there did seem to be a massive influx of hipsters. We had it here in Hull a few years ago as well but we built a specific hipster district around Humber Street and the marina and they're all just contained down there well out of the way. 

What's number 1?

On 12/01/2023 at 13:05, Red Willow said:

Whoooosh!

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

In an upcoming episode of QI, it will probably be revealed that the flat cap was invented in Deptford or Hackney. :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson