Bad News for Catalans Dragons

It is the small scaffolding bleacher type benches at either end that need removing so won’t make much difference to the game day experience.

As has been said it will probably be good for the club as the new stand that was confirmed last October is now needed more and the Marie has reason to justify the €15 million investment. 

7277E4F5-5569-4A09-B288-AF424E626412.jpeg

B8865FC1-FD1E-405C-83A5-4CA6FBCD19DA.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

So the 12 million invested in BV in the last 12 months means nothing to you. I think the word dullard sums you up.

Wasn’t his point that Catalans are having a stand closed down while Wakey (regardless of the recent investment) and Cas have spent years playing in dilapidated dumps with no threat of closure? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

So the 12 million invested in BV in the last 12 months means nothing to you. I think the word dullard sums you up.

You do seem to have real anger issues at the meanest mention of your club,perhaps a discussion forum isn’t the place for you.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Forever Trinity said:

They never travel so you will never know, they both pass inspections by the UK Authorities so what is your point?

"They never travel" ...hardly to be expected given the distance 13 times per season, and the locations (there's a reason we like popping over to the south of France once a year eh)

That said, it seems to me that Wakey and Cas are making great strides on the grounds front these days so it maybe ain't the time to be having a go at their rickety gaffs. One step at a time eh, feels like loads of clubs are moving in the right direction at the moment. 

• Like 3

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

On 12/01/2023 at 17:15, Gomersall said:

https://treizemondial.fr/la-mairie-de-perpignan-fait-demonter-deux-gradins-de-gilbert-brutus/

The town hall of Perpignan has two bleachers of Gilbert Brutus dismantled

WRITTEN BY NICOLAS · JANUARY 12, 2023

The town hall of Perpignan will remove two Gilbert Brutus stands that no longer comply with the regulations.

There will therefore be fewer seats in Gilbert Brutus in 2023 since these two stands will not be replaced. We can read on the Catalan Dragons' statement:

The Catalan Dragons club was informed by the Perpignan City Hall of the dismantling of the two Gradins of the Gilbert Brutus stadium. Indeed, following the annual visit of the control body, the South and North stands were declared non-compliant. The latter no longer meet the requirements required by the decree of 25 July 2022 laying down the safety rules and technical provisions applicable to this type of structure. The City of Perpignan has therefore taken the decision to abolish them before the start of the 2023 season.

Christophe Levy, the club's commercial director, added to him:

We take note of this decision. These two stands will not be replaced, as the construction project of the future tribune advances. But, despite the loss of these seats, we will take advantage of this space to expand the fan zone between the Puig-Aubert grandstand and the Guasch Laborde grandstand. We are already working on new projects that will improve the reception and experience of fans at the stadium as soon as the Super League returns to Perpignan on February 25.

Are they taking the piscine?

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On 13/01/2023 at 17:22, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

"They never travel" ...hardly to be expected given the distance 13 times per season, and the locations (there's a reason we like popping over to the south of France once a year eh)

That said, it seems to me that Wakey and Cas are making great strides on the grounds front these days so it maybe ain't the time to be having a go at their rickety gaffs. One step at a time eh, feels like loads of clubs are moving in the right direction at the moment. 

I have been once and that was enough for me

On 13/01/2023 at 14:58, Davo5 said:

You do seem to have real anger issues at the meanest mention of your club,perhaps a discussion forum isn’t the place for you.

I assume you mean merest but either works really 😂

• Haha 1