Rugby League NFTs

9 minutes ago, BadlyOverdrawnBoy said:

Has anyone on this forum "invested"?

Nope, and never.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

NFT's have been basically a scam from the start and basically amount to a game of hot potato except the potato is an overpriced JPEG that they don't hold any real copyright over .The problem for RL is that the Venn diagram of RL fans and the crypto bros/chumps that fall for these scams has almost no intersection whatsoever, certainly not enough to drive prices to a point where clubs could profit from it. 

• Like 5

Weren't there some RLWC NFTs offered?

How'd that pan out?

EDIT

Ignore. Covered in the link.

Edited by gingerjon

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

10 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

NFT's have been basically a scam from the start and basically amount to a game of hot potato except the potato is an overpriced JPEG that they don't hold any real copyright over .The problem for RL is that the Venn diagram of RL fans and the crypto bros/chumps that fall for these scams has almost no intersection whatsoever, certainly not enough to drive prices to a point where clubs could profit from it. 

As an aside, Mr Venn was a Hull lad. 👍

• Haha 2

I still have my priceless (free) RLWC2021 NFT which they handed out last summer in strictly limited numbers. It has maintained it's value despite inflation being 10% so proved to be a shrewd investment so far, if anyone wants to buy it PM me.

Edited by Whippet13
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Anyone care/want to explain to me WTF the deal is with Crypto & NFT's?

I genuinely have no idea how you can attribute any value to these things.🤷‍♂️

Crypto currency isn't physical and NFT's are just an online picture/JPEG right? I know there was a load of hoo hah about the John Terry monkey NFT but it's a feckin picture (not a Renoir/Van Gogh painting etc) so WTF am I missing here?!😂

Maybe I'm getting old but I also don't understand how complete goons are making millons from sites like YouTube because even bigger goons are paying them a couple of quid a month to watch them talk about computer games etc. The world's gone mad!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

Maybe I'm getting old but I also don't understand how complete goons are making millons from sites like YouTube because even bigger goons are paying them a couple of quid a month to watch them talk about computer games etc. The world's gone mad!

You'll go crazy when you find out that there are grown adults paying money to watch other grown adults throw a ball around.

• Haha 7

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

41 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

You'll go crazy when you find out that there are grown adults paying money to watch other grown adults throw a ball around.

Poor comparison but if you say so fella.😂 NFT's are utter nonsense and along with the likes of Love Island, TikTok etc it just shows what a society of morons *we've become

*I'd like to think think I'm not one of the brain dead generation.😉

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

Poor comparison but if you say so fella.😂 NFT's are utter nonsense and along with the likes of Love Island, TikTok etc it just shows what a society of morons *we've become

Well said SS.

Also I totally fail to understand an ‘influencer’.  To me someone who says they are an influencer is p actually saying ‘I do this because I am incapable of holding down a real job’.  As Harry Enfield’s Yorkshireman would say ‘I have two words to describe an Influencer …….. sheeeiitte ………………… and sheeeiitte’.  

Edited by Adelaide Tiger
  • Like 1

Haha I've just tried to educate myself about NFT's. There's a list of the 20 most value NFT's ever sold online and the vast majority just look like the heads of characters off a ###### 1970's/80's Spectrum game. I'm totally bemused!😂

Maybe I'm missing out here. I think I'm going to set myself up as an OnlyFansCryptoMinerInfluencerNFTDealer. I mean, when was the last time you saw a kid washing their dad's car or doing a paper round? They don't need to because they're all in their bedrooms making £££'s by miming along to Ariana Grande songs on TikTok.🤷‍♂️ I think I need a lie down...😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

You're the one linking NFTs with Love Island.

9 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

Nothing wrong with Love Island 😉

16 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

Crypto currency isn't physical and NFT's are just an online picture/JPEG right? I know there was a load of hoo hah about the John Terry monkey NFT but it's a feckin picture (not a Renoir/Van Gogh painting etc) so WTF am I missing here?!😂

It's the new aspiration , young kids used to want to be sports stars ,then it was pop stars , now it's influencers 

All come about through smart phones , worlds going to hell 

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Cryptocurrencies have at least an understandable enough logic behind them for me. NFTs are really a bit stupid, a scam even.

Thankfully RL hasn't gone down the socios fan token route either.

Yeah the technology behind Crypto is actually pretty revolutionary and could have some practical usage in science. It's a shame it's stuck in an unregulated wild west of pump and dump schemes and scam artists. 

12 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

Haha I've just tried to educate myself about NFT's. There's a list of the 20 most value NFT's ever sold online and the vast majority just look like the heads of characters off a ###### 1970's/80's Spectrum game. I'm totally bemused!😂

Maybe I'm missing out here. I think I'm going to set myself up as an OnlyFansCryptoMinerInfluencerNFTDealer. I mean, when was the last time you saw a kid washing their dad's car or doing a paper round? They don't need to because they're all in their bedrooms making £££'s by miming along to Ariana Grande songs on TikTok.🤷‍♂️ I think I need a lie down...😂

Who is Ariana Grande?

4 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Who is Ariana Grande?

The singer who put on a fundraising concert at Old Trafford following the Manchester Arena bomb.

19 hours ago, SalfordSlim said:

I know someone who enjoys painting board game miniatures.

People pay to watch him livestream painting miniature monsters and soldiers. He doesn’t even have to speak to the viewers. He just paints.

15 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Very telling lack of self awareness on this thread.

I actually agree on NFTs/crypto: they are a pyramid scheme but I think most people have cottoned onto that in the last six months or so.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

18 minutes ago, Tim Streets tache said:

*The singer who was performing AT the M.E.N Arena the night OF the Arena bomb.

Yes - I was trying to get that into the sentence but it was early and I gave up. "The singer who responded to the death of several of her fans in a terrorist attack by returning to that city and hosting and singing in a fundraising and memorial concert."