Horses with a rugby league connection

Just lost a few quid on 2.25 at Warwick on a horse called Knowsley Road.  Other than it having been a buy from point to pointing can’t see much about it. The ex home of Saints got a mention during commentary but unlike Saints only filled once of the places.  Anyone know if there is a RL connection?

on other horses I know of Burrow 7 raising money for MND

Any other RL race horses or connections 

• Like 1

Brisbane Broncos had a horse that used to run round the pitch when they scored.

I went to the WCC pool game in 97 when they hammered Saints - we all thought the horse was going to keel over with exhaustion by the end of the match....

Edited by Mr Frisky
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

There was once an attempt to register a horse to be called Fartowner but the Jockey Club blocked the name!

Liverpool's Robbie Fowler and Steve McManaman got caught out when they tried to register their racehorse with the name Betty Swallocks.

The Jockey Club blocked that for obvious reasons, so they came up with the name "Some Horse", just to make the commentary funny.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Surely this is the most famous. 

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Horse with a Rugby League connection …….. how about Crisp the great Aussie Steeplechaser.

For those youngsters on this Forum go on YouTube and type in ‘Crisp 1973 Grand National’ and as you watch the finish unfold you will see the connection with the Castleford Tigers team of 2017.

Heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

I went to the WCC pool game in 97 when they hammered Saints - we all thought the horse was going to keel over with exhaustion by the end of the match....

A horse currently running in Aus. is called Benjii Bullet with owners including Benjii himself,Robbie Farrah, Royce Symons and Todd Payten. Runs in Queensland mostly on the Sunshine Coast.

Bit of a blank I am afraid with 32 starts 0 wins and winnings just short of A$ 20K.

They still do….just that they dont score as often so the horse gets less run outs!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Liverpool's Robbie Fowler and Steve McManaman got caught out when they tried to register their racehorse with the name Betty Swallocks.

The Jockey Club blocked that for obvious reasons, so they came up with the name "Some Horse", just to make the commentary funny.

And their second F was called "Another Horse"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

They still do….just that they dont score as often so the horse gets less run outs!

The match i attended was at the old stadium with (possibly) a running track around it so im sure the horse was doing full laps- long time ago and I was young, daft and drunk...

9 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

I used to have a video of the Brisbane/St Helens World Club Championship match, and poor old Buck must have been knackered by the end, what with the number of laps he'd done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The match i attended was at the old stadium with (possibly) a running track around it so im sure the horse was doing full laps- long time ago and I was young, daft and drunk...

That would have been Lang Park before it was revamped and became Suncorp. Never a running track around it to my knowledge.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

2 hours ago, Gomersall said:

That would have been Lang Park before it was revamped and became Suncorp. Never a running track around it to my knowledge.

Brisbane played at QE2 Stadium between 1993 and 2003, which is/was an athletics stadium. It was known as ANZ Stadium when the Broncos played there. The 1994 WCC game against Wigan and the 1997 WCC matches were all played at that ground. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, thirteenthman said:

Brisbane played at QE2 Stadium between 1993 and 2003, which is/was an athletics stadium. It was known as ANZ Stadium when the Broncos played there. The 1994 WCC game against Wigan and the 1997 WCC matches were all played at that ground. 

Ta. Forgot about that.

• Like 1