Widnes friendly

shrewsbury roughyed

Excellent first run out against a fast Widnes side, Oldham looked sharp and had a fine first half, the game changer was "Goliath of Gath" (Adam Lawton) an immense bloke who came on for Widnes and had a Wow,bar for a knock on...Unstoppable.

typical John Kear side in second half they tightened up their defence and pinned Oldham down, Widnes scrum half MOM for me is it Matty Fozard

Calvin Wellington looked particularly good but all the lads did well...Ah Van was great! good refereeing and I just hope that the terracing on Whitebank road gets finished soon.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Game and a special mention for the most helpful steward who helped me to safely stash my Bike...Thank You!

Oldham 20 Widnes 42

Edited by eclecticsheep
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, eclecticsheep said:

Excellent first run out against a fast Widnes side, Oldham looked sharp and had a fine first half, the game changer was "Goliath of Gath" an immense bloke who came on for Widnes and had a wow,bar for a knock on...Unstoppable.

typical John Kear side in second half they tightened up their defence and pinned Oldham down, Widnes scrum half MOM for me.

Calvin Wellington looked particularly good but all the lads did well...Ah Van was great! good refereeing and I just hope that the terracing on Whitebank road gets finished soon.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Game and a special mention for the most helpful steward who helped me to safely stash my Bike...Thank You!

Sounds excellent. Gutted that I couldn’t make it today. Let’s hope we can carry the good things into the season and hit the ground running. 

• Like 1

Some really encouraging signs i thought.

Mcnally all class and will make a big difference. Wilkinson a step up at 9. Baker really strong before he went off. Ahvan was an handfull. 

The pack did very well in spells. Will be even stronger with Thornton,Whittle,Tahra and Cameron in there . 

A good  start to build on. 

• Like 4

Good to bad back watching rugby league.

mcnally was awesome in attack, Wilkinson lead us round the park well with a well taken try and thought meadows and newton worked hard in the middle. Sheridan and Ridyard looked to link up well, Oldham we’re the better side for large parts of the game with the Widnes big lad who came off the bench the difference between the two teams.

disappointing not to be in the New Jersey today, looked very smart online picture 

• Like 4

Watching yesterday's game I feel the Lads did themselves proud. For large parts of the game they were far better than Widnes, some of the line defence was awesome. It's a shame they conceded a couple of soft tries, I put it down to changes made and players not being where they should be.

Like a few posters have said Laughton was unstoppable, I think he scored four tries. I can't understand why he is still at this level because he did the same the last time we played against them.

Electicsheet said "good refereeing" I've got to disagree. They were very professional about slowing down the ruck and he penalised us at least six times giving them another six for doing the same thing - from which they scored a couple of tries. The sin binning at the end was a joke. Score out of ten 4.

Bring on the Hairnets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

• Like 2