Opening Game Promo's

22 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I had to check that was legit. I feared it would be given the nature of the whole rebrand and I was confirmed.

Trust me though, I really, really want to miss it. 

Proper RL fan reaction to the Build up and announcement of what I believe to be a special event. Over £100k has been allocated to the ‘opening show’ I believe - trust other clubs will be investing the same to showcase our sport to prove its value to broadcasters

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Proper RL fan reaction to the Build up and announcement of what I believe to be a special event. Over £100k has been allocated to the ‘opening show’ I believe - trust other clubs will be investing the same to showcase our sport to prove its value to broadcasters

Thank god they spent it on that and not the clip art promos!

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Fair play if they have, I always say don't let perfect get in the way of good... at least Derek and Leigh are making a proper effort, that's 80% of the fight, can improve on detail later but do somat not nowt I say

• Like 5

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

17 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Over £100k has been allocated to the ‘opening show’

How much has been allocated for the second home game?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

45 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I really, really want to miss it. 

I'm going to guess circus animals doing something in the centre circle followed by some fireworks that mean the match kicks off fifteen minutes late and with smoke obscuring the view.

• Haha 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Rovers are using the first match for the annual members' referral promo, real focus on delivering a bumper crowd for the Channel 4 TV coverage. Competition for most referrals, publishing regular league tables, decent prizes on offer like attend Captain's Run, dinner with players, table at Players Awards Night etc etc

https://hullkr.co.uk/hull-kr-launch-recruit-a-robin-challenge-to-members/

rovers.jpg

• Like 4

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

31 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Is this the 1st game of the season or just Leigh's opening game, but will not criticise any club promoting games. 

• Like 2

Just now, Fevrover said:

How many will though ?

I have seen Warrington do it in past seasons and regularly promote some games but I believe every club should be promoting all games, clubs should have a fully staffed department for this but usually its given to a club employee who is under qualified and over worked. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I'm going to guess circus animals doing something in the centre circle followed by some fireworks that mean the match kicks off fifteen minutes late and with smoke obscuring the view.

6k people, fireworks and captive leopards. I'm sure the RSPCA will have a keen interest at least.

32 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I'm fairly sure Derek saw 'Tiger King' as a training video.

• Haha 2

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

55 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

A “special event” isn’t advertised by someone using Microsoft Paint. It’s the modern back of a fag packet stuff, that. 

The Rovers promo upthread is a professional approach and done by someone with basic capabilities and understanding of computer software, not a Year 8 doing their IT homework the night before it’s due. 

Again, the keyword with this Leigh rebrand is implementation and again, it’s been shambolic. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Leigh’s opening game live on Sky, should give Sky a great lead up to kick off - creating the events not games

No sarky comments here RL clubs have always failed to realise just saying that a game is on will attract more people. 

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

6k people, fireworks and captive leopards. I'm sure the RSPCA will have a keen interest at least.

Derek Beaumont to have his hair dyed leopard print whilst wearing a full leopard print tracksuit is almost nailed on. Unfortunately. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Rather than critiquing Leigh's artwork, it'd be interesting to find out from fans of other teams what their club are actually doing for the first home game of the season... the lack of any others in this thread so far makes me wonder whether others haven't really launched anything yet.

That's pretty depressing if so, we're not far out now so if you're going to do something you should be doing it already. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Rather than critiquing Leigh's artwork, it'd be interesting to find out from fans of other teams what their club are actually doing for the first home game of the season... the lack of any others in this thread so far makes me wonder whether others haven't really launched anything yet.

That's pretty depressing if so, we're not far out now so if you're going to do something you should be doing it already. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the Broncos haven't confirmed the booking at Plough Lane and so make a last-minute strategic decision to test out *sticks pin in map* ... Brightlingsea Regent.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Not to deflect away from the question you’re asking, what exactly are Leigh doing? The Paint effort gives absolutely nothing away whatsoever except the date. The KR one upthread tells you everything about the campaign in two sentences. 

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Clearly it’s easier to slag other teams’ efforts off than do something yourself.