Opening Game Promo's

4 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Not to deflect away from the question you’re asking, what exactly are Leigh doing? The Paint effort gives absolutely nothing away whatsoever except the date. The KR one upthread tells you everything about the campaign in two sentences. 

Derek comes out of the tunnel riding a leopard, with Def Leppard playing him onto the pitch with their 1987 smash hit "Animal", as the new mascot Geoff Leopard runs along the touchline in his cosplay outfit. Unfortunately when the fireworks go off they spook the leopard, who proceeds to attack Def Leppard's drummer Rick, tearing off his one remaining arm, to the shocked horror of the record crowd.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

I'm going to guess circus animals doing something in the centre circle followed by some fireworks that mean the match kicks off fifteen minutes late and with smoke obscuring the view.

That's not necessarily a bad thing.😃

But...my view is to let Leigh get in with it. It's all part of building their brand and attracting people from a wide demographic. 👍

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Not to deflect away from the question you’re asking, what exactly are Leigh doing? The Paint effort gives absolutely nothing away whatsoever except the date. The KR one upthread tells you everything about the campaign in two sentences. 

It isn't supposed to, it's nothing more than a teaser for more info coming to start building interest. The level that people are losing their minds over this is so disproportionate it's just funny at this point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jughead said:

A “special event” isn’t advertised by someone using Microsoft Paint. It’s the modern back of a fag packet stuff, that. 

The Rovers promo upthread is a professional approach and done by someone with basic capabilities and understanding of computer software, not a Year 8 doing their IT homework the night before it’s due. 

Again, the keyword with this Leigh rebrand is implementation and again, it’s been shambolic. 

Offering a deal to get your mate in cheap is not promoting the sport imo - its pondering to the cheap ticket bottom dwellers. Keep an eye on how this develops.

40 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Derek comes out of the tunnel riding a leopard, with Def Leppard playing him onto the pitch with their 1987 smash hit "Animal", as the new mascot Geoff Leopard runs along the touchline in his cosplay outfit. Unfortunately when the fireworks go off they spook the leopard, who proceeds to attack Def Leppard's drummer Rick, tearing off his one remaining arm, to the shocked horror of the record crowd.  

Beastiality was banned in Leyth 1827, still allowed in Wiggin though. So cancel the opening and you could be right.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Offering a deal to get your mate in cheap is not promoting the sport imo - its pondering to the cheap ticket bottom dwellers. Keep an eye on how this develops.

Nah, Rovers do one "members match" every year, it's one of the benefits they sell as part of the membership package.

There's no harm in offering discounted sampling, as long as its tightly controlled (you don't do it very often, so people wait for it... which is where the RFL went wrong over the last few years). The way Rovers are doing this, the discounted buyer has to book direct online themselves, using a unique code - so Rovers get the data capture and can then re-market directly to the new customer to try and sell a 2nd, 3rd etc. game to them later. It's all solid stuff. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

40 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

It isn't supposed to, it's nothing more than a teaser for more info coming to start building interest. The level that people are losing their minds over this is so disproportionate it's just funny at this point. 

No one’s “losing it”, that’s delusions of grandeur. I’m merely pointing out it’s a very poor attempt at a social media post and graphic, that would be turned away by a teacher in a classroom full of teenagers, let alone it befitting an apparent professional sports club in an elite league. 

I suppose it should be commended that they’ve actually put things in the middle and not off centre, as per previous attempts from Leigh. 

Anyway, best of luck with Sammy the Snake and getting that horse out of Degsy’s cabaret suite on the 17th. 

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Rather than critiquing Leigh's artwork, it'd be interesting to find out from fans of other teams what their club are actually doing for the first home game of the season... the lack of any others in this thread so far makes me wonder whether others haven't really launched anything yet.

That's pretty depressing if so, we're not far out now so if you're going to do something you should be doing it already. 

Totally agree 

I've enjoyed everything about the Leigh season launch.....almost all thier fans are taking it in a generous and humerous spirit too .....

• Haha 1

Nobody enjoys taking the urea out of Leigh more than me.....well, actually, I think that's not really correct.🙂

But why don't fans of other teams concern themselves more with their own clubs?

If the Leigh rebrand is rubbish, then it won't work. Judge the club by results.

Edited by JohnM
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnM said:

Nobody enjoys taking the urea out of Leigh more than me.....well, actually, I think that's not really correct.🙂

But why don't fans of other teams concern themselves more with their own clubs?

If the Leigh rebrand is rubbish, then it won't work. Judge the club by results.

Agreed.....at least Leigh are doing something  

7 hours ago, POR said:

Some of the goings on at FEV

Sorry, it all looks good. But I don't want to turn up at the last home game looking like an extra in a Lowry painting.😁 Great ideas though.

• Like 1

How about Derek copying the Atlanta Braves (Baseball).

The Braves have a person known as The Freeze who races fans (or should they be called supporters …. who knows) around the outfield in a challenge race with an $100 prize.  I wish I knew how to put YouTube footage of The Freeze on here.

So here is my idea.  Why doesn’t Derek bring along a Leopard and have a raffle to find which fan (or supporter) has the opportunity to race against the Leopard around the pitch.  Obviously the fan (or supporter) gets a big head start.  If the fan (or supporter) wins the race they get a meat pie of their choice.  If the Leopard catches them ……. well it offers SKY something different!

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Glad they are just focusing on the game against us. 😉 What can be the theme against us then, the bulls. Free entry with tape measure?

Not doing out for you because on tele and apparently they do stuff but the theme for you would be about  £ 50 millions odslum redevelopment and would be called Begging Bucket Round