Opening Game Promo's

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

Thats the bloke, I was told he stops at Degsy's reserve in South Africa.

Is he as big as lad makes out - said he was a DJ?

To see David Guetta leave his beachfront villa in Ibiza to come and spin his wheels of steel on the pitch at Leigh Sports Village would be so hilarious I'd buy a ticket and come up there myself... be better than Ray Von at the Phoenix Club

Robot_Wars.webp

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Really surprised that you posted that Sweaty, it is like a red rag to the those Imbecelic Leigh haters who working together would struggle to pass the 11+, they don't pass up any opportunities to have a go, they don't need presenting with any.

Harry , did you know Leigh don't have a train station ?

6 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

To see David Guetta leave his beachfront villa in Ibiza to come and spin his wheels of steel on the pitch at Leigh Sports Village would be so hilarious I'd buy a ticket and come up there myself... be better than Ray Von at the Phoenix Club

Robot_Wars.webp

Take me back to the late 80's

How Rave Outfits Have Evolved Over The Years - Amen Breaks

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Actually....it might BE Pat again ....the new official MC of rugby league 

We shouldn’t book him until he’s grown his mullet back, feel short-changed otherwise 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

12 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

We shouldn’t book him until he’s grown his mullet back, feel short-changed otherwise 

Yeah I was disappointed at that too 😂

Also the twins weren't there 

It really was funny and bizarre he was booked. Everyone was feeling the same. Maybe it was a genuine joke from Hetherington and he was in on it

Looks like Scouting for Girls will be playing a pretty substantial set of around 50 mins total which is pretty good. I know Leigh copped a fair bit of stick when the admission prices were announced for this season but I'm personally quite happy to see the club trying to add value to justify higher costs rather than the usual approach of discounting tickets in the hope the extra numbers offsets the loss. Hopefully Salford pack out the away end and help give it a real event atmosphere with at least 8/9k in.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Looks like Scouting for Girls will be playing a pretty substantial set of around 50 mins total which is pretty good. I know Leigh copped a fair bit of stick when the admission prices were announced for this season but I'm personally quite happy to see the club trying to add value to justify higher costs rather than the usual approach of discounting tickets in the hope the extra numbers offsets the loss. Hopefully Salford pack out the away end and help give it a real event atmosphere with at least 8/9k in.

6000 sold already at Leigh with 4 weeks to go and only hit GS Tuesday, allowing for the lost seats for the band 10k should be achieved. North and West stands will be sold out soon leaving East and away sections on sale

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

6000 sold already at Leigh with 4 weeks to go and only hit GS Tuesday, allowing for the lost seats for the band 10k should be achieved. North and West stands will be sold out soon leaving East and away sections on sale

This is great.

Without bringing us all back to the hell of a Toronto Wolfpack thread, they did teach a valuable lesson in putting things other than just the match on.

If Leigh can secure sone wins too then these event matches will work as intended building back up interest levels.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

Would much capacity be lost as I would expect them to play in the Centre of the pitch.

Irrespective, it should surpass a 10k attendance in my opinion and splashing the cash on pre match entertainment and marketing could easily be self funded by ever increasing attendances.

I hope they give it a good go, upset a few along the way and finally mute the opinionated morons who just see expansion as a way forward for the game.

We have done that and tried it for over 40 years. Let the game settle down and lets hope the battle at the bottom is as good as the Top. Rugby League needs a competitive Super League !

Edited by Snowys Backside