Opening Game Promo's

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Looking forward to Scouting For Girls performing their big hit 

" She's so Leopardy , She's so Leopardy , She's so Leopardy , She's so Leopardy " 😉😂 

And the fans with that old favourite " We love you Leopards , we do , We love you Leopards , we do , We love you Leopards , we do , Oh Leopards we love you " 😂

Go the ' Pards ' 🐆 👍 😁

She’s so ‘Lobberly’ 😂

• Haha 2

So. Wire got off to a very clunky start. Lathums were great, but having them on in the away end while the players warmed up didn't quite work. As a quality act, they deserved to be centre stage instead of tucked away with average sound. It wasn't dissimilar to what we do at the Grand Final. 

I thought as a season opener it was low key, we have capability for lights shows and I thought we should have used that to create an event, but it didn't happen and it was all a bit meh. 

I don't want to be too critical as I appreciate the effort, but I think they need to have a coordinator to pull this together as an event. 

But overall it was very enjoyable, but has the potential to be great. 

Edit. As an aside, have they scrapped the whole club flags, and lineups prior to kick off? 

Edited by Dave T
  • Like 1

On 11/02/2023 at 08:50, GUBRATS said:

I can confirm next Friday's weather will be torrential rain with 60 mph winds 

This is the standard weather everytime Leigh put anything on pre match 

And right on qué , Storm Otto 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Jon , I work outside , these nice little pictures mean nothing , it will bounce it down at 6 till 8 , guaranteed 

Meant to be a bit grim this morning and then ease up in the afternoon.

Positively balmy and clement, in fact.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, gingerjon said:

Meant to be a bit grim this morning and then ease up in the afternoon.

Positively balmy and clement, in fact.

Told you , it's written in the stars , Leigh put on a show , Armageddon ensures 

26 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

a882ab40fa5a51b337f521d46e36a11b.gif

• Haha 3

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

If I don't see anyone with a big coat on in the stands I'm calling you out!! (Except scouting for girls as they're from London so probably a bit nesh) 

13 hours ago, Dave T said:

So. Wire got off to a very clunky start. Lathums were great, but having them on in the away end while the players warmed up didn't quite work. As a quality act, they deserved to be centre stage instead of tucked away with average sound. It wasn't dissimilar to what we do at the Grand Final. 

I thought as a season opener it was low key, we have capability for lights shows and I thought we should have used that to create an event, but it didn't happen and it was all a bit meh. 

I don't want to be too critical as I appreciate the effort, but I think they need to have a coordinator to pull this together as an event. 

But overall it was very enjoyable, but has the potential to be great. 

Edit. As an aside, have they scrapped the whole club flags, and lineups prior to kick off? 

So agree with you on this. They make an effort but its like its left with someone who has plenty of other work to do or someone not qualified or experienced enough to consistently produce match day (and promoted) experience. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

So agree with you on this. They make an effort but its like its left with someone who has plenty of other work to do or someone not qualified or experienced enough to consistently produce match day (and promoted) experience. 

It's something I find a tad frustrating at Wire considering who our owner is!

I hope Leigh put on a great show tonight and set the standard. I expected the lights to be down last night and more coordinated music etc.

It was a 6/10 event, when we should be looking for 8's minimum and even better for season launches. But, it was a start, i hope they continue. 

What I would say is that the ground is great with that size crowd in, and the atmosphere was the best I've heard for a while at Wire.

Edited by Dave T
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's something I find a tad frustrating at Wire considering who our owner is!

I hope Leigh put on a great show tonight and set the standard. I expected the lights to be down last night and more coordinated music etc.

It was a 6/10 event, when we should be looking for 8's minimum and even better for season launches. But, it was a start, i hope they continue. 

What I would say is that the ground is great with that size crowd in, and the atmosphere was the best I've heard for a while at Wire.

Just going to take the ' ratter ' out for a walk , then a quick snooze , shower , drop the aforementioned animal at my dad's , then off up Leigh to start the nights frivolity , oh forgot , once I've adorned myself with some Leopardprint  , some ' scran ' and a couple of ' jars ' then bring on the band and the tattooed young ladies , then cheer on the ' Pards ' to a good win over the Deevils another couple of beers and home 

Fingers crossed 😀

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Just going to take the ' ratter ' out for a walk , then a quick snooze , shower , drop the aforementioned animal at my dad's , then off up Leigh to start the nights frivolity , oh forgot , once I've adorned myself with some Leopardprint  , some ' scran ' and a couple of ' jars ' then bring on the band and the tattooed young ladies , then cheer on the ' Pards ' to a good win over the Deevils another couple of beers and home 

Fingers crossed 😀

enjoy mate. I'm double booked so in Manchester for drinks for my brother's birthday, but hoping to get the match on in the pub!

23 minutes ago, Dave T said:

enjoy mate. I'm double booked so in Manchester for drinks for my brother's birthday, but hoping to get the match on in the pub!

I always find Manchester bars/pubs strangely accommodating when it comes to watching RL. I say strangely because many would have you believe nobody cares for it over there and I know Friday especially there's not much competition, live sports wise, but still gives me hope...maybe one day we'll crack it there! 

nb. I saw Scouting For Girls at Kendal Calling festival last summer - they don't take themselves too seriously and the lead singer is great at getting the crowd involved. Did I sing hum a long to a couple of their noughties tracks...maybe I did maybe I didn't, but the weather was warm, the beer was flowing...etc

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Stages(plural) are set for tonight, looks like the Fuel girls will take the pitch and Scouting for Girls in the stand. The banners are a nice touch to cover up the blocks they've had to close for the band

Looking forward to it, hope its a good match as well. 

19 hours ago, Dave T said:

Yes, IMG have scrapped all that pointless standing around at the beginning and want the time between captains entering the field to kick off to be 30 seconds to a minute, excellent decision as any pre game atmosphere was thwarted by stood around for 4 minutes while the players stood there looking uncomfortable.

Well done Leigh on making their opening game a real event and it came across great on TV. They've got a lot of stick for elements of their rebrand, and rightly so for some aspects in my opinion, but they've gone all in and backed themselves which is far more than many clubs have done when they rebranded and they should be applauded for that.

Anyhow I think this says it all:

• Like 1