Opening Game Promo's

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Imbecelic Leigh haters who working together would struggle to pass the 11+

Oh bless.

It is so sweet.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

I didn't add any names, seems like you recognise yourself.

I really don't care about Leigh - at least no more than any other team I don't support - but the sheer whining self pity from some of their fans is so precious.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

35 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Really surprised that you posted that Sweaty, it is like a red rag to the those Imbecelic Leigh haters who working together would struggle to pass the 11+, they don't pass up any opportunities to have a go, they don't need presenting with any.

If your club didn’t put out such amateurish stuff people wouldn’t be laughing at them.

I personally don’t hate Leigh, I actually think the rebranding was a great idea, terribly executed. I would be laughing at any club that did, especially my own, in fact if it was my club id be more annoyed and embarrassed.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

If your club didn’t put out such amateurish stuff people wouldn’t be laughing at them.

I personally don’t hate Leigh, I actually think the rebranding was a great idea, terribly executed. I would be laughing at any club that did, especially my own, in fact if it was my club id be more annoyed and embarrassed.

If it 'works' - meaning that at the end of the season a competitive Leigh side is playing to increased crowds (relative to last proper season in SL) and you can't ignore grown men in Leopards shirts when they're on the TV whilst families lap up all the Leopard related fun and merch - then I will happily say that despite my cringe about it all that I was wrong.

I don't particularly mind the opening game promos but then, and this may be key, my normal frame of reference for such things at the minute is non league football where it's all down to some bloke to do 'something' in his spare time using whatever free programmes and gifted photos he can find.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Really surprised that you posted that Sweaty, it is like a red rag to the those Imbecelic Leigh haters who working together would struggle to pass the 11+, they don't pass up any opportunities to have a go, they don't need presenting with any.

Well have me rigid with a barge pole, I never expected that reaction😁

10 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:
I believe the term is doubling down!

Everyone loves a Lopard, so why not

I don't know why Degsy doesn't just type f****** instead of freakin' and really go for it..!

• Haha 2

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Showing your age there Harry 11+. I remember sitting them at ST Paul's in Westleigh then they closed all the Grammar schools. 

49 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I’m presuming it’s a nod to something they are doing - isn’t it a song?

I doubt he's hired David Guetta for the kick-off, although it would be hilarious if he has. The song has the other F in it originally too though, changed for the radio edit. Not like Degsy to not go all in!

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

5 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

I doubt he's hired David Guetta for the kick-off, although it would be hilarious if he has. The song has the other F in it originally too though, changed for the radio edit. Not like Degsy to not go all in!

Scouting for girls seems more likely...

I think this sums up Leigh at the moment. 

Great principle. They should be applauded for going big, shouting about what they are doing, putting effort in, that's all good.

But not being able to spell your own Club's name correctly (and then making out you are trolling people) is amateur. Who on earth is doing that stuff? 

Stuff shouldn't go viral because of a stupid typo. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

43 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Scouting for girls seems more likely...

It does appear he's booked a big(comparatively) act so will be interesting to see how it actually turns out. He did actually tease this in the fans forum before xmas, but (for once) wouldn't go into details other than that he'd booked it whilst he was in America. He has apparently bought an upgraded sound system, confetti cannons and pyrotechnics out of his own pocket to be used at every home game, so kudos to the club for going all out to try and create an event atmosphere even if i don't particularly agree with this style of marketing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LeytherRob said:

It does appear he's booked a big(comparatively) act so will be interesting to see how it actually turns out. He did actually tease this in the fans forum before xmas, but (for once) wouldn't go into details other than that he'd booked it whilst he was in America. He has apparently bought an upgraded sound system, confetti cannons and pyrotechnics out of his own pocket to be used at every home game, so kudos to the club for going all out to try and create an event atmosphere even if i don't particularly agree with this style of marketing.

Sounds good. I think the effort Degsy is making is great, at Rovers we're also lucky to have a committed and invested "fan owner" and we could do with a few more of 'em around the sport.

I just wish he'd hire one marketing person with some professional skills and listen to them (which is probably the real issue!), chucking money at stuff is great but could be all executed so much better. But still miles better than doing nowt - which given we've only seen Rovers and Leigh examples on this thread so far seems to be the case everywhere else...

17 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Sounds great - and that's the point a lot of us are making, some great ideas but the marketing is being executed so amateurish it is distracting from it, same with the rebrand.

He should put some of his money into hiring some professionals to do his design and marketing

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Sounds good. I think the effort Degsy is making is great, at Rovers we're also lucky to have a committed and invested "fan owner" and we could do with a few more of 'em around the sport.

I just wish he'd hire one marketing person with some professional skills and listen to them (which is probably the real issue!), chucking money at stuff is great but could be all executed so much better. But still miles better than doing nowt - which given we've only seen Rovers and Leigh examples on this thread so far seems to be the case everywhere else...

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Sounds great - and that's the point a lot of us are making, some great ideas but the marketing is being executed so amateurish it is distracting from it, same with the rebrand.

He should put some of his money into hiring some professionals to do his design and marketing

You'll find no disagreements in any of that from me. I'm very much a realist though and it's just good to at least see some effort for once from the club, even if the execution isn't great. I'm hoping, especially in the shirt/marketing, that should the team do the business on the field and establish the club in SL that lessons can be learnt from this year and they can course correct in the areas where they've gone too far. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Thats the bloke, I was told he stops at Degsy's reserve in South Africa.

Is he as big as lad makes out - said he was a DJ?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

You'll find no disagreements in any of that from me. I'm very much a realist though and it's just good to at least see some effort for once from the club, even if the execution isn't great. I'm hoping, especially in the shirt/marketing, that should the team do the business on the field and establish the club in SL that lessons can be learnt from this year and they can course correct in the areas where they've gone too far. 

I think the team should do OK - all this rubbish marketing/design/rebrand will backfire if they end up relegated I think

• Like 1

Should the Leigh club not be spending money on security/finding police,if this is the first game since Leigh Lopards have come up against Paul Rowley since 2018,when this occurred - https://www.totalrl.com/police-confirm-investigation-into-alleged-assault-on-paul-rowley/

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.