Webster's last game

Mr Hicks

Only the sport of rugby league could reward the loyalty,and longevity,of the players,by having them attempt to shoehorn a Testimonial game into a pre-season 'slot' during an English winter.

I have no desire to seek out the rules and regulations for Testimonials from the arcane RFL 'transparency' - but if someone can apprise me,it would be appreciated. 

I hope lots turn out when the game for Jake Webster is played.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

23 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Only the sport of rugby league could reward the loyalty,and longevity,of the players,by having them attempt to shoehorn a Testimonial game into a pre-season 'slot' during an English winter.

Sorry A it's nowt to do with a pre season slot during and english winter It's just the luck of the draw   FEV held a testimonial infront of 3000 for Craig Hall on a bitterly cold friday night definite brass monkey weather before the big freeze set in on sunday

1 hour ago, POR said:

Sorry A it's nowt to do with a pre season slot during and english winter It's just the luck of the draw   FEV held a testimonial infront of 3000 for Craig Hall on a bitterly cold friday night definite brass monkey weather before the big freeze set in on sunday

Thanks POR - That is my point.It is luck of the draw.Not fair on the players.

I still think NOT playing in winter will attract larger attendances. 

I still seethe when I think of Sheffield Eagles not having a Testimonial game for Menzie Yere.

Your man,Craig Hall,fortunately,drew a decent attendance,but as he crossed the Hull divide he may have attracted a few FC followers if a different opposition,in warmer conditions,with a different KO time,had been possible.

It just seems we don't put the players at the top of the priorities.

Works ok in soccer. End of their season is the summer...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.