Down the culdesac

Sticklebricks

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Play in the dark , we might have more of a chanceĀ 

They did carry on playing in the dark and we scored 8 length of the pitch, free flowing, minimum 12 pass tries......honest.

• Haha 2

Well only 50mns of rugby for Muza, not sure if he will have been able to get a lot from it,Ā  but not a bad effort from the team keeping barrowĀ  to only 14 points in 50mns, and wasn't it great to hear that the Barrow team had 16 home grown players in the 2023 season squad, its a pity Town hadn't looked at using the same format that Raiders have used to get to this stage.Ā 

Ā 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, JMB said:

Well only 50mns of rugby for Muza, not sure if he will have been able to get a lot from it,Ā  but not a bad effort from the team keeping barrowĀ  to only 14 points in 50mns, and wasn't it great to hear that the Barrow team had 16 home grown players in the 2023 season squad, its a pity Town hadn't looked at using the same format that Raiders have used to get to this stage.Ā 

Ā 

Is Towns 2023 squad not consisting of 21 out of 24 signed players born in Cumbria. šŸ¤”

Unless your referring to previous season then no point you keep referring to it, as nothing will change the past. Got to look forwardĀ 

Also 10 - 4 at half time against that Barrow starting team is very encouraging imo, from that I'd say the coach will have got plenty from it.Ā 

We were also without Jordan Burns who'd probably improve most sides from mid table championship and below.Ā 

Roll on Bradford Bulls, looking forward to seeing our team back on Derwent Park.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, JMB said:

Ā 

We've got 21 out of 24 home grown this season dont we, not sure what your point is.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Peter Winthorpe said:

Why do they not get one from each side on commentary of a Cumbrian Derby.Ā 

ā·

Don't think we have a 'Town dedicated' commentator nowadays.???......Jordan Weir is a 100% jambo. And those two today were deffo all for Barra Marra.

So the travel shy Raiders can't even put a full game on. Pleased I didn't make the journey on Cumbrias worst road and I feel for those who did.

I think we can feel a bit hard done by from our two derby games. Haven robbed us blind on the gate and Barrow can't see the game out. On the positive side looks like our lads had a good dig again against a championship team. Looking forward to next week against the bulls.

Surprised the Jam couldn't beat the Wigan kids. šŸ«¢

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, Brookie said:

Match abandoned due to floodlight failure. Should have spent some money on the electrics

So when floodlights fail at football Premiership grounds is that due to a lack of money spent on them?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BlueVintheblood said:

Is Towns 2023 squad not consisting of 21 out of 24 signed players born in Cumbria. šŸ¤”

Unless your referring to previous season then no point you keep referring to it, as nothing will change the past. Got to look forwardĀ 

Also 10 - 4 at half time against that Barrow starting team is very encouraging imo, from that I'd say the coach will have got plenty from it.Ā 

We were also without Jordan Burns who'd probably improve most sides from mid table championship and below.Ā 

Roll on Bradford Bulls, looking forward to seeing our team back on Derwent Park.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Yes Town have these locals in the squad, but they haven came through a programme like the Barrow lads did, just look how far ahead Barrow are compared to Town after introducing the Jets programme, and its still available on offer to the club im sure if they want to look at it.

Ā 

Ā 

26 minutes ago, JMB said:

Yes Town have these locals in the squad, but they haven came through a programme like the Barrow lads did, just look how far ahead Barrow are compared to Town after introducing the Jets programme, and its still available on offer to the club im sure if they want to look at it.

Ā 

Ā 

Hence my point... Got to look forward...

1 hour ago, dkw said:

We've got 21 out of 24 home grown this season dont we, not sure what your point is.

Think the point was we have got that many locallyĀ andĀ are doing really well with it, showing it can be done. Anyone could throw a team of 25 local lads together and struggle.Ā 

A good travelling support today by Workington fans , the game today town did very well considering town defended for near on 30 minutes of the 1st half , a very positive performance by town and i couldnt fault town today.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sticklebricks said:

Luke charlton in the squad as a trailist anybody know out about him, Ā position club he plays for??

I think he'd just come on when the lights went out!Ā 

Good performance by the lads today. Our right defence was terrible with no Mossop but apart from that we coped well and the introduction of Kirkup, Stephenson and Key made a big difference and we started to get on top. Sabutey's somersault finish was worth going for! No predictions from me this year..i've been burnt before but it was good to see more attacking flair than last week.Ā 

Edited by homeandawayer
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, town4me said:

Hopefully they'll have sorted the lights beforeĀ  our annual pre season trip to South cumbria next January.

Barrow fans saying it was a power cut in the Hindpool area so not much they could do about that, if they had kicked off at 2.30pm they would have had it finished by the time the lights went out.

just one of those things, at least it was a friendly and we donā€™t have to travel down again to replay the gameĀ