Match thread: Pre-Season friendly. Wakefield v Featherstone Rovers. Sunday 29th January 2023.

marklaspalmas

3 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It's also fairly similar to the team they put out against Halifax. Should be a real test for us.

Three changes to starting 13 Taufua(2)  Langi (21) and Whitbread(10) with Hall(3) Murphy(23) and Battye (8) but the interesting thing is they've cut the subs from 13 to 6

On 22/01/2023 at 12:07, marklaspalmas said:

Our final warm up game is on Sunday at Wakefield.

Eight days before our opening league fixture, this match will provide more clues as to the XVII at will be selected at Keighley.

I've enjoyed everything we've seen so far, good defensive line and attacking patterns.

We have a good-sized squad, everyone has had a run-out bar the two LT injuries.

Hopefully, Leilua and Davies's knocks are not too serious.

Everyone will have their own idea of our best line up, but when we look at the quality of players who will miss out, it shows you what strength in depth we have.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of state we find Wakey's "stadium" in. After decades of wasting SKY cash and taking the michael, they finally seem to be doing something about Belle (sic) Vue.

Thanks for that wonderfully bitter endorsement, but we've enjoyed 24 years of SL all the same (wink).

Well at this exact moment it's not a great experience even by BV standards. The re-vamped North stand is not yet re-opened and of course the East stand is only half built. The West terrace has not been started yet for obvious reasons and the viewing angles remain poor for now. 

But we do have a grass covered and extremely flat, full sized new Premiership standard hybrid pitch, with brand new white light halogen floodlights, ones that actually illuminate so, that should be a new experience for you (wink, wink).

Think it will be a good game, the day Fev give us an easy ride will be a first.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch

42 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Thanks for that wonderfully bitter endorsement, but we've enjoyed 24 years of SL all the same (wink).

Well at this exact moment it's not a great experience even by BV standards. The re-vamped North stand is not yet re-opened and of course the East stand is only half built. The West terrace has not been started yet for obvious reasons and the viewing angles remain poor for now. 

But we do have a grass covered and extremely flat, full sized new Premiership standard hybrid pitch, with brand new white light halogen floodlights, ones that actually illuminate so, that should be a new experience for you (wink, wink).

Personally can't understand it being at BV with all the building work going on. I know we played at Fev last year but surely we would get more at Fev so have a bigger gate to share. Going to look good when it's finished even though it's took over 20 years ( wink wink). 😉 

4 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Bitter? 🤣🤣

Narh mate. I think the only thing that Fev fans feel, if anything, for Super League's unflushable turds, is pity.

I'm just disappointed that it took the President of the Shaky Wakey Touchy and Defensive club 5 days to put together that reply to my prod.

Great bants and all the best for 2023. 😉

• Like 1

17 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Bitter? 🤣🤣

Narh mate. I think the only thing that Fev fans feel, if anything, for Super League's unflushable turds, is pity.

I'm just disappointed that it took the President of the Shaky Wakey Touchy and Defensive club 5 days to put together that reply to my prod.

Great bants and all the best for 2023. 😉

You really are a joyless individual, enjoy your world of hurt.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Personally can't understand it being at BV with all the building work going on. I know we played at Fev last year but surely we would get more at Fev so have a bigger gate to share. Going to look good when it's finished even though it's took over 20 years ( wink wink). 😉 

My guess is testing the pitch. It really is quite amazing, way better than I expected. I was there yesterday and it’s been used for 3 weeks constantly and it looks like it’s the middle of summer.

Added to that it’s not established yet, this time next year it will be indestructible I’m told and now I believe it.

Why give your pitch a hard time when you don’t need to.

As it stands BV can still take 2200 as it is so it’s adequate.

That said I tend to agree with you, POR would be better.

Yeah it will look great imo, though all things are relative , nice to see you’re a bit more magnanimous than that other bloke.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Fevrover said:

23 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Sounds like a lot of debt to me. 

Good line up interested to see how Hardcastle does back in the centre.Logical choice with Joey not fit.No Ford in the squad is he injured?.Dean deserves a run of matches at 7,he must have ability to get a SL contract.Locky getting a start hope he proves me wrong saying he would just be a bit part this season.I think we will win but a defeat by under 8 points would be OK.

3 hours ago, POR said:

Well it's game day Don Fox cup at wakey with limited access for supporters so  where's  our new pay-per-view service on @RecastTV when it's needed :kolobok_grin:

Not good enough connectivity at Belle Vue apparently, so no streaming. 

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

5 minutes ago, plug said:

Is there radio commentry for todays match ?? Loged on to rovers TV but just says off air ??

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb