Interesting tweet

POR

Grandson spotted this interesting tweet

Catch all the highlights from Friday night, now available on RoversTV. Not a RoversTV subscriber? No worries, use our new pay-per-view service on @RecastTV

Got me wondering was this a one off or will we be getting a multitude of live streams throughout the season

42 minutes ago, POR said:

Grandson spotted this interesting tweet

Catch all the highlights from Friday night, now available on RoversTV. Not a RoversTV subscriber? No worries, use our new pay-per-view service on @RecastTV

Got me wondering was this a one off or will we be getting a multitude of live streams throughout the season

Doubt it as we don't have the broadcast rights to show regular-season Championship games live, pre-season has always been a different matter.

What I think it will mean is that we will use Recast to target people who aren't RoversTV subscribers. So that will not only mean Fev fans who might not want to subscribe for a season or a month but don't mind paying a small amount to watch one game, or even an interview, but also it might be of interest to fans of other clubs who might be happy to pay a few quid to watch a re-run of a game against Fev.

10 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Doubt it as we don't have the broadcast rights to show regular-season Championship games live, pre-season has always been a different matter.

What I think it will mean is that we will use Recast to target people who aren't RoversTV subscribers. So that will not only mean Fev fans who might not want to subscribe for a season or a month but don't mind paying a small amount to watch one game, or even an interview, but also it might be of interest to fans of other clubs who might be happy to pay a few quid to watch a re-run of a game against Fev.

Pretty much this. Don't want to subscribe to RoversTV but want to watch highlights of a particular game then it'll be on Recast and you can pay however much to watch that.

18 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I know that P but wasn't thinking about FEV just wondering if these new boys on the block have come to an agreement with the RFL to live stream a number of games through the season

49 minutes ago, POR said:

I know that P but wasn't thinking about FEV just wondering if these new boys on the block have come to an agreement with the RFL to live stream a number of games through the season

Well that agreement is already there via OurLeague, and they are streaming the opening-day Barrow v Toulouse game.

I'd be surprised if we wanted to stream any of our league games anyway barring maybe the Toulouse away one, for home games in particular we won't be wanting to swap £20 entrance tickets for £5 or £10 streaming fees. Same probably applies to most other clubs, and I doubt there are many of them with the ability to produce a credible live stream with broadcast-calibre camerawork and commentary.

18 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Well that agreement is already there via OurLeague, and they are streaming the opening-day Barrow v Toulouse game.

I'd be surprised if we wanted to stream any of our league games anyway barring maybe the Toulouse away one, for home games in particular we won't be wanting to swap £20 entrance tickets for £5 or £10 streaming fees. Same probably applies to most other clubs, and I doubt there are many of them with the ability to produce a credible live stream with broadcast-calibre camerawork and commentary.

It just depends, as with Fev I’d reckon there’s a far amount of supporters who can’t make certain games who would pay. I’ve a season ticket but struggle unless it’s Sunday at 3pm so would definitely pay, and then there’s away supporters. You have to trial it and see what the effect was on the attendance and wether the streaming fees compensated for it, after costs are taken into consideration.