Friendly

Mr Hicks

Anyone else heard that we are playing York in a closed doors friendly this weekend. 

Probably something we need with last week being cancelled and the fact we have had only one run out. Featherstone have had 3 or 4 including Wakefield this coming weekend.

9 minutes ago, Mr Hicks said:

Anyone else heard that we are playing York in a closed doors friendly this weekend. 

Probably something we need with last week being cancelled and the fact we have had only one run out. Featherstone have had 3 or 4 including Wakefield this coming weekend.

Yes.The head coaches of both clubs are good friends.

We have a good record,thus far,in these meetings.

Featherstone need the games.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

18 hours ago, Mr Hicks said:

Yep I've heard we play them tomorrow in a friendly behind closed doors. Shame we can't watch but as long as it's productive that's the main thing.

It's the Aussie way not to have too many pre season games, so I guess Rhys will be fairly happy. Fev probably had to have more pre season games to give Long as much chance to assess his squad as possible. They've got such a strong squad I don't think it'll matter too much who he decides to put out 😅

1 hour ago, Indigogo said:

Yep I've heard we play them tomorrow in a friendly behind closed doors. Shame we can't watch but as long as it's productive that's the main thing.

Just keep checking  you tube I York posted highlights of their behind closed doors with the Dogs

11 hours ago, Indigogo said:

Neither club have even announced that it's happening so I'm not expecting to hear or see anything in terms of a result or highlights package.

Never despair.They didn't make a song or dance about having a similar session at the Leeds training venue;but they did,played very well and we got the first glimpses of the squad during the pre-season training.

Been a bit short of information during this off -season.Almost no information on the new squad members.

We'll be right into it shortly.All is well that ends well.

Nice home win to get us started - only a matter of days away.

I am relying on you to break the name of the 2023 skipper!

Keep the faith.Beating York throughout 2023 begins...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

3 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Never despair.They didn't make a song or dance about having a similar session at the Leeds training venue;but they did,played very well and we got the first glimpses of the squad during the pre-season training.

Been a bit short of information during this off -season.Almost no information on the new squad members.

We'll be right into it shortly.All is well that ends well.

Nice home win to get us started - only a matter of days away.

I am relying on you to break the name of the 2023 skipper!

Keep the faith.Beating York throughout 2023 begins...

I would have just liked a bit more exposure on what we are doing and the new signings like you mentioned. But it is what it is. The social media output looks to be picking up a little with some videos and interviews, which is nice to see, but there's more needed.

Truth be told I'm not expecting a win against Fev, they look really really solid across the park and have strength in depth, I can see them winning the league quite easily. Saying that, we have to play everyone twice so why not get them out of the way and hope we can catch them a little cold. Stranger things have happened!

Heard nothing on the skipper. Presume Jack is the club captain still but of course if he's not in the 17 that could mean someone else week to week on the field? I think the player group get a vote on the captain, so that might be yet to happen, but I'm guessing.