RLWC 2025 Budget Slashed?

This is actually old news (Most in French RL circles have known this for a while) lots of work for them to do with the RLWC France being only 2 years and 9 months away.

I think it will be the number of venues that will be cut.

In the meantime SL clubs wait with baited breath to see what the losses are from RLWC 2021 and who is going to pay for it.

Sadly i have a feeling (And i hope i am wrong) that there is going to be a haircut:(

Edited by ATLANTISMAN
  • Sad 1

So all the talk about towns bidding all over the place and confirmed funding in place and all that ... was as real as a Toronto Wolfpack pay cheque?

Edited by gingerjon
  • Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Not true the French government for reasons only know to themselves moved the goalposts.

Get's a bit boring listening to grand announcements from French RL about what amazing things they're going to do, only for reality to strike once again.

• Like 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

34 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Not true the French government for reasons only know to themselves moved the goalposts.

Could it have been that they saw the clusterf\/ck of a WC 2021, with its poor attendances and almost complete absence of overseas visitors, and concluded they'd seriously overvalued the competition.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

Could it have been that they saw the clusterf\/ck of a WC 2021, with its poor attendances and almost complete absence of overseas visitors, and concluded they'd seriously overvalued the competition.

No idea however one thing is for certain outside of a sprinkling of Aussies/Kiwis RLWC France 2025 will (If its done right) attract thousands from one nation and one nation only and that my friend is ENGGERLAND:))))

Paul

• Like 1

Funny seeing you all losing your sh** over a clickbait paywall article. Some of you are so quick to go into "we're all doomed!" mode too. 

Early days yet, I believe the French WC will be a success and that all tiers of govt. will contribute varying amounts. 

• Like 3

Whatever happened to automatically dismissing everything said or written by Steve Mascord?

No respect for tradition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Unfortunately, It does not matter if it is true or not.

It does matter if it's true.

And it's not just "the social media coalition" - whatever that is - is it?

Even on this thread: "This is actually old news (Most in French RL circles have known this for a while)" from someone who is French RL boardrooms on a regular basis.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

In the meantime SL clubs wait with baited breath to see what the losses are from RLWC 2021 and who is going to pay for it.

Sadly i have a feeling (And i hope i am wrong) that there is going to be a haircut:(

Any profits or losses from the RLWC are nothing to do with SL funding, they are totally different legal and financial entities.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

It does matter if it's true.

And it's not just "the social media coalition" - whatever that is - is it?

Even on this thread: "This is actually old news (Most in French RL circles have known this for a while)" from someone who is French RL boardrooms on a regular basis.

Apologies: I yes, I could have been clearer.

Of course, it does matter if it is true or not. I was referring to the way that significant numbers of people automatically believe everything they read on social media, true or not.  Thus even if the claim is  actually false, if enough people claim it as true, it becomes true in peoples perception. 

That's why Snopes and Full Fact exist.

1 minute ago, Pen-Y-Bont Crusader said:

Ok so I’m assuming it’s union bias just thought that there may have been something new to add.

Otherwise rational people will want to throw the word 'Vichy' around.