RLWC 2025 Budget Slashed?

18 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Any profits or losses from the RLWC are nothing to do with SL funding, they are totally different legal and financial entities.

The RFL have guaranteed to cover any which according to sources will be around - £3/4 Million (Unless the tories cough up some more dosh red wall and all that) Otherwise ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

The RFL have guaranteed to cover any which according to sources will be around - £3/4 Million (Unless the tories cough up some more dosh red wall and all that) Otherwise ?

Do you have anything to back up this claim? It’s at odds with everything I’ve heard

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

And yet still people will defend Dutton and Hogan’s ridiculous ticket pricing and promotion strategy, which saw empty grounds everywhere, because they managed to sell some tickets for Newcastle and Old Trafford. It sounds like a financial disaster of WC2000 proportions. 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

17 minutes ago, del capo said:

RLWC 2021 was run by a totally  different entity to the RFL , a seperate limited company. 

Why was that ?

And its figures were used to show that the “RFL Group” made a profit in 2021?

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

21 was fine - it was our most successful World Cup by any measure aside from falling short of the 13 WC crowds. I believe 25 will be fine. It will be different from any we have seen before, but it remains a unique opportunity for us to build the game in France. This article, and if I may say some of the commentary, is taking a single suggestion in isolation, and extrapolating it into infinity. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Which sources are these, apart from what you've written in this thread I've not seen this anywhere?

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Times are hard all over Europe, if this is true it’s no surprise that governments aren’t chucking millions at minor sporting events. And anyway, world cups should be self sufficient, it can still be a cracking tournament, I’d be more concerned about there being watchable competitive matches in the group stages. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

This is still absolutely nothing to do with SL, it will be a RFL debt.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oxford said:

This kind of thread seems to empty the woodwork of posters whose only purpose appears to be belittling RL.

As I said earlier, majority of them are losing it over an article they have not actually read as it is behind a paywall.  The doomsdayers are loving it!