Widnes this sunday

georgeb1

Well here we go again , Exiting times , new gaffer and new recruits , Widnes have made some good signings and always bring a few hundred so expecting a decent game and atmosphere , just hoping kieron Dixon doesn't come back and bite us . πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• Like 1

4 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Well here we go again , Exiting times , new gaffer and new recruits , Widnes have made some good signings and always bring a few hundred so expecting a decent game and atmosphere , just hoping kieron Dixon doesn't come back and bite us . πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

I don't wish to be negative but I fear we will struggle to get a win in our first 3 games. Hope I'm wrong but the squad looks a bit thin.

Reading other forums, I think many fans of other clubs don't seem to fancy us to be challenging for a top 6 finish. We haven't been as active as other clubs in the transfer market,, and as a result may have slipped under the radar a bit.Β  Hopefully, the players we have signed will, (when fit),Β  strengthen the team, and another centre and middle will give us more depth.

I cant see two teams dominating the regular season as happened last season, and I'll be surprised if any side loses less than four games. This will make it a very exciting season. I fancy Fev and Fax to be at the top, then its a scrap between, Toulouse, Widnes, Batley, Barrow, Keighley, Bradford and the Knights for the other 4 places.Β 

Based on quality, not quantity, (and a bit of luck with injuries) I am hopeful we can sneak into a play off place, and while it is a long distance race, and not a sprint, we must get off to a good start. 3 home games out of the first four will be a good yardstick of our chances. Let's hope we can get off to a flier. Roll on Sunday. Come on you Knights!!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wiggyroad said:

Did we play a friendly against Keighley at the weekend at St John's. Does anyone know the score if we did

Β 

from what i read it was an opposed training session without full contactΒ 

1 hour ago, Yorkie-Girl said:

I don't wish to be negative but I fear we will struggle to get a win in our first 3 games. Hope I'm wrong but the squad looks a bit thin.

Jamie Ellis should be fit soon which should average it out a bit.

• Haha 4

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes |Β Leaflets |Β Cards |Β Banners & FlagsΒ |Β Letterheads |Β Tickets |Β Magazines |Β Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFCΒ & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Β I'll be surprised if any side loses less than four games.Β 

Interesting take H FEV onlyΒ  lost threeΒ last year and just to let you know this years squad is head and shoulders better than last yearsΒ :kolobok_grin:

33 minutes ago, POR said:

Interesting take H FEV onlyΒ  lost threeΒ last year and just to let you know this years squad is head and shoulders better than last yearsΒ :kolobok_grin:

Can't see you losing more than a couple of games this season as you have no cuthbertson this yearπŸ˜‚.

Β 

Β 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, POR said:

Can't see anyone getting close to you if I'm honest. But.....it does depend on whether Long can step up to being the boss. He's been the right hand man for quite some time in a number of set ups but there is a hell of a difference being the one where the buck stops.Β 

FWIW I reckon he will do a good job for you but there is always the element of risk.

1 hour ago, JonT said:

Can't see anyone getting close to you if I'm honest. But.....it does depend on whether Long can step up to being the boss. He's been the right hand man for quite some time in a number of set ups but there is a hell of a difference being the one where the buck stops.Β 

FWIW I reckon he will do a good job for you but there is always the element of risk.

That's true J some big clubs plus Samoa and France but don't forget his assistant is his big mate Leon Pryce who coached wprkingtonΒ 

2 hours ago, POR said:

That's true J some big clubs plus Samoa and France but don't forget his assistant is his big mate Leon Pryce who coached wprkingtonΒ 

Definitely got the pedigree and building a strong support team, that goes without saying. Mind you, I can still remember clear as day when we went up to Workington a few seasons back and beat a well fancied Leon Pryce team. Set us up nicely to win the league that one did 😁

On 30/01/2023 at 16:38, POR said:

So is the coach hopefully but can't possibly be any worse- surely?

On 30/01/2023 at 19:31, JonT said:

Yeah agreed but how will they ever make 1st team coach if they aren't given a chance ? Everyone has to start somewhere.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JonT said:

Great news. Well done those who have made this happen. Now we just await the signing of the big nasty forward that Gav is always (quite rightly) on about.

Very nasty , a proper thug similar to Mike markeeto would fitπŸ˜‰

• Like 2

Looks a great signing and can play in a few positions and Clint said last night that another player is about over the line for signing for the knights.Thought Clint answered everything he was asked last night on radio York and any doubts about him you should listen to last nights question and answer session.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Puk said:

Looks a great signing and can play in a few positions and Clint said last night that another player is about over the line for signing for the knights.Thought Clint answered everything he was asked last night on radio York and any doubts about him you should listen to last nights question and answer session.

I was one of the sceptical ones about Clint , but the interview last night was a good indication of his ideas moving forward. He has got the business sence to move us forward from what I heardΒ 

• Like 1