Widnes this sunday

georgeb1

I think too many mistakes cost us today silly dropped balls led to our own downfall. 

I think there was lots of positives, we had a lot of injuries a disjointed side and losing Cunningham early was unlucky too.  

Connor Fitzsimmons looks a very good signing and showed up well and Bailey looks to have kicked on from last season too he looks a class act.

With the players coming back hopefully soon I think we will be ok.

• Like 3

Widnes were certainly no better than us,but when you are making stupid errors in your own 25 your giving the opposition a window to score points,thought Harris tried to get things going and Bailey had a good game,but need our main players back as soon as possible .

• Like 3

I thought Bailey had a very strong game for us, probably his best and there were some other positives too, our defence in general was good, we are lacking a good half back that was obvious, no direction in the middle, and we lack a good centre. A Couple of strange refereeing decisions didn’t help either especially the tackle that was deemed a tip tackle but , from where I was sat, looked like an old fashioned Cumberland Throw. that is the game these days. At the end of the day you shouldn’t put yourself in a position where things like that influence the result, we just weren’t good enough today. All that said, if that is our weakest team then going forward I don’t think we will do to badly. Look who there is coming back and with ‘the new signing’ as long as is a centre, we should be up there, certainly in the play offs.

• Like 4

With hingano dropping out before k o then losing Cunningham his replacement to injury early on there was a lót of pressure on Harris at halfback , positives were effort , Connor Fitz and bailey worked hard all game , Myles had his best game in a York shirt, AJ showed his constant improvement, well done to Widnes just about deserved it , but we'll improve and with a few more bodies back next week and a prominent signing coming in , Bradford week Mon night should be a cracker .

• Like 1

2 ps out for most of the season. Hingano out for a good while if it was his hamstring he pulled up with against batley. No idea about butterworth and Ellis or the guy we signed from thunder. That’s without todays injury/ injuries 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

As other have said, can’t fault the effort and without the U11-type errors we could have won.

That said, Widnes deserved it and agree that not taking the two was dumb (we had two penalties given with less than 4 mins to go and ran both).

Were there any offsides given? Is that a first??

Main issue for me was lack of size in the  forwards (they lost Lawton early who always causes us problems). Lining up they were a much bigger team. Where is Ta’ai and how far away from fit is he?

We do need a forward or two who can break the line and/or off load. Thompson still looks the best bet to do this. God help  us if he gets injured. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Roger York said:

I think too many mistakes cost us today silly dropped balls led to our own downfall. 

I think there was lots of positives, we had a lot of injuries a disjointed side and losing Cunningham early was unlucky too.  

Connor Fitzsimmons looks a very good signing and showed up well and Bailey looks to have kicked on from last season too he looks a class act.

With the players coming back hopefully soon I think we will be ok.

Exactly how I saw yesterdays performance. Hopefully, a couple of additions and a few bodies back will see us start to produce the kind of performances we will need to compete in a very tough championship this season. I have to say, a very refreshing and honest post match interview from Hendo too. 

• Like 4

Not too disheartened by yesterday, enjoyable game with loads of effort from all the players but we were too light up front. Cut out the silly errors, take the 2 when it's on a plate and we'd have won.

Also, ifs & buts I know but had we had all our players available (Pauli, Ta'ai, Hingano, Clarkson, new lad signing this week etc) I reckon we'd have put 40 on them. We'll get better as the season goes on that's for sure so I think we'll do alright.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

On 05/02/2023 at 20:40, Fax Knight said:

As other have said, can’t fault the effort and without the U11-type errors we could have won.

That said, Widnes deserved it and agree that not taking the two was dumb (we had two penalties given with less than 4 mins to go and ran both).

Were there any offsides given? Is that a first??

Main issue for me was lack of size in the  forwards (they lost Lawton early who always causes us problems). Lining up they were a much bigger team. Where is Ta’ai and how far away from fit is he?

We do need a forward or two who can break the line and/or off load. Thompson still looks the best bet to do this. God help  us if he gets injured. 

You watched exactly the game I did. Must be a Halifax thing!

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 1