World record attempt

POR

"World Record" 😀

Having mocked that, good luck to Bradford for this initiative. Much though we mayhate to say it, a strong Bradford club matters to the sport.

• Like 5

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Aren’t Fev going for the flat cap world record attempt in one of their home games too?

I’m not joking either, I’m sure I read that on here and thought it was a brilliant idea of owning the stereotype and selling merch plus a bit of fun too and getting headlines.

More of this!

Edited by Gerrumonside ref
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Aren’t Fev going for the flat cap world record attempt in one of their home games too?

I’m not joking either, I’m sure I read that on here and thought it was a brilliant idea of owning the stereotype and selling merch plus a bit of fun too and getting headlines.

More of this!

Perhaps they could do a charity whippet round at half time for cash.

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

More of this!

I think they are, but what more impressed me was that Fev are having an "event" for every fixture. Retro round, women in league round etc.

• Like 8

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

36 minutes ago, Damien said:

Not a world record then.

And this is a problem. The idea of an initiative to get people into the ground is great.

Calling it a world record when it obviously isn't just smacks of small time and makes people defensive about it when it should be a straightforward positive.

The flat cap world record is a brilliant idea. This isn't.

• Like 4

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

43 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

More of this!

I have two Flat Caps atm. Would wearing more than one count as illegal Cap Enhancing? Breaching the Cap Count? Fancy it anyway. 

• Haha 5

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

49 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

More of this!

We tried it at the end of 2021 season. Never heard anything more, so I assume we didn't break it.

IIRC, you got £1 off a pint if you were sporting a flat cap.  Had a very thick head the day after.

Edited by David Shepherd
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I think it is a great idea and should drum up some interest, but I very much doubt they will achieve a "World Record" there was a time when the "Flat Cap" was part of the uniform of every male and as common as the "short back and sides" haircut, so just to emphasise a point look at the attached, OK this is from an actual World Record attendance of 53 years standing being the Cup Final replay of 1954, but I should imagine there would be many many more examples from years ago that Fev could not hope to beat, but I wished they could.

https://images.app.goo.gl/6Aso3fjWWTs5WnJV9

And this is just a small section of the attendance!

Edited by Harry Stottle
  • Like 1

This would be a great record to set and it is a positive that you have teams in the Championship with a reasonable chance of setting a new record. World record it clearly ain't.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

21 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Good idea but Mick makes an idiot out of himself and the sport by calling it a world record . Makes it feel tinpot . Hope Bulls do it though, clearly an attempt to fulfill that IMG criteria . If they win , hopefully a few stick around. 

I suppose, being literal, what is the record crowd for a 2nd tier regular season rugby league match worldwide? 

Also the social media push does attempt to follow another of IMG’s reported criteria. 

13 minutes ago, TrueBull said:

I suppose, being literal, what is the record crowd for a 2nd tier regular season rugby league match worldwide? 

on the opening day. On a Sunday, kicking off at 3pm. In Bradford.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

11 minutes ago, TrueBull said:

Also the social media push does attempt to follow another of IMG’s reported criteria. 

You’d think a reserves-first grade double header in the NRL would have had a far bigger attendance, if you’re counting that despite not all actually being around for the undercard. 

Can’t find anything on the actual attendances for NSW/Q Cup, mind. 

'the Championship opening day world record crowd'

So are they just looking for an opening day record crowd or a record crowd for the Championship?

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 hour ago, TrueBull said:

In this Country (as Aus don't have an official 2nd tier to the NRL) 10,556 Leigh v Batley 17th Sept 2016.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

I think it is a great idea and should drum up some interest, but I very much doubt they will achieve a "World Record" there was a time when the "Flat Cap" was part of the uniform of every male and as common as the "short back and sides" haircut, so just to emphasise a point look at the attached, OK this is from an actual World Record of 53 years standing being the Cup Final replay of 1954, but I should imagine there would be many many more examples from years ago that Fev could not hope to beat, but I wished they could.

https://images.app.goo.gl/6Aso3fjWWTs5WnJV9

And this is just a small section of the attendance!

This is true 

• Thanks 1