Sat 4-Sun 5 Feb: Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's games here.

SATURDAY 4th FEBRUARY
Betfred Championship

Barrow Raiders v Toulouse Olympique    15:00 (OurLeague)

SUNDAY 5th FEBRUARY
Betfred Championship

Bradford Bulls v Whitehaven    15:00
Halifax Panthers v Sheffield Eagles    15:00
London Broncos v Batley Bulldogs    15:00
Swinton Lions v Newcastle Thunder    15:00
York Knights v Widnes Vikings    15:00

Barrow Raiders v Toulouse Olympique - TO by 4
Bradford Bulls v Whitehaven - Bradford by 18
Halifax Panthers v Sheffield Eagles - Halifax by 8
London Broncos v Batley Bulldogs - Batley by 14
Swinton Lions v Newcastle Thunder - Swinton by 6
York Knights v Widnes Vikings - Widnes by 12

Edited by Barley Mow

35 minutes ago, John Drake said:

SATURDAY 4th FEBRUARY
Betfred Championship

Barrow Raiders v Toulouse Olympique    

SUNDAY 5th FEBRUARY
Betfred Championship

Bradford Bulls v Whitehaven    15:00
Halifax Panthers v Sheffield Eagles    15:00
London Broncos v Batley Bulldogs    15:00
Swinton Lions v Newcastle Thunder    15:00
York Knights v Widnes Vikings    15:00

It's interesting to see so many people tipping Barrow to beat Toulouse. They might be right, it's a difficult game to predict, but expectations for Toulouse seem to have taken a nosedive in the last few weeks since their squad was announced, even though it has been obvious for three or four months that they were going to be much weaker on paper.

That said...it might have gone too far in that direction now. It's hard to get information on who is going to be fit for Saturday, as there are supposedly still one or two nursing injuries, but if you look at the potential line-up they could field, it's still not at all bad, they just lack depth. The players in bold were all in their SL squad and played in one of their last two games last season

Ashall-Bott
Schaumkel

Rennie
Jussaume
Marcon

Ralph
Shorrocks
Belmas
Pelissier
Hansen
Stefani
Peyroux
Marion

subs
Akauola
Bretherton
Gahan
Armitage

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It's interesting to see so many people tipping Barrow to beat Toulouse. They might be right, it's a difficult game to predict, but expectations for Toulouse seem to have taken a nosedive in the last few weeks since their squad was announced, even though it has been obvious for three or four months that they were going to be much weaker on paper.

That said...it might have gone too far in that direction now. It's hard to get information on who is going to be fit for Saturday, as there are supposedly still one or two nursing injuries, but if you look at the potential line-up they could field, it's still not at all bad, they just lack depth. The players in bold were all in their SL squad and played in one of their last two games last season

Ashall-Bott
Schaumkel

Rennie
Jussaume
Marcon

Ralph
Shorrocks
Belmas
Pelissier
Hansen
Stefani
Peyroux
Marion

subs
Akauola
Bretherton
Gahan
Armitage

Think a heavy pitch and probable poor conditions will suit Barrow more. That and a good home record last season is probably most people’s reason(s). 

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Ashall-Bott
Schaumkel

Rennie
Jussaume
Marcon

Ralph
Shorrocks
Belmas
Pelissier
Hansen
Stefani
Peyroux
Marion

subs
Akauola
Bretherton
Gahan
Armitage

Add Brochon, Lima and Laguerre to that list. Gahan won't be available. Akauola may not be match fit yet, he arrived back in poor condition.

• Thanks 1

Barrow Raiders v Toulouse Olympique    by 6
Bradford Bulls v Whitehaven                     by 16
Halifax Panthers v Sheffield Eagles         by 12
London Broncos v Batley Bulldogs           by 12
Swinton Lions v Newcastle Thunder       by 4
York Knights v Widnes Vikings                  by 6

At least 4 of these could go either way. Fev to beat Keighley but it will probably not be a done deal until after 60 minutes.

• Like 1

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Barrow Raiders v Toulouse Olympique    Barrow by 8
Bradford Bulls v Whitehaven    Bulls 16
Halifax Panthers v Sheffield Eagles    Fax by 10
London Broncos v Batley Bulldogs    London by 4
Swinton Lions v Newcastle Thunder    Swinton by 16
York Knights v Widnes Vikings    York by 12

39 minutes ago, kiggy said:

Add Brochon, Lima and Laguerre to that list. Gahan won't be available. Akauola may not be match fit yet, he arrived back in poor condition.

Yes, it was their call-up that suggested to me that one or two must be struggling for fitness. Presumably Toulouse would only travel with 18 or 19 to Barrow, and Richards would have made it 20 in the squad before Brochon and Lima were added.

The puzzling thing though is I think Brochon and Laguerre are both outside backs aren't they? That's the one area Toulouse seem well covered, they really need an extra half back and more forwards. So does everybody else though!

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

18 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Yes, it was their call-up that suggested to me that one or two must be struggling for fitness. Presumably Toulouse would only travel with 18 or 19 to Barrow, and Richards would have made it 20 in the squad before Brochon and Lima were added.

The puzzling thing though is I think Brochon and Laguerre are both outside backs aren't they? That's the one area Toulouse seem well covered, they really need an extra half back and more forwards. So does everybody else though!

I don't know which position they have been using Laguerre in training. I can only think that Brochon can adapt, he does have a little (very little) big game time but they see that he has the ability to step up. Plus, he and PJ have been playing regularly so fitter than the rest of the squad at the moment.

43 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

Bought my York-Widnes ticket. Going as a neutral. Close throughout would suit me.

Programmes will be available as well!

• Like 1

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

20 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

Not doing a programme, by any chance, for Heworth-Oulton, a week on Sunday, Simon?

I think I'll be doing the league ones, but not sure about the cup matches.

I'll be going to the game cos it's the Kenny Sykes derby against Hunslet should Heworth get through so it's sure to be a great atmosphere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Just collected my season tickets. The Bulls shop has masks of six players on sale for £2 each. The pitch has breen so far away from the terrace that I only recognised three!

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

13 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

The Bulls shop has masks of six players on sale for £2 each. 

Is there a George Flanagan one? Could be handy for Halloween.

• Haha 1

I think w'ell be alright this week against an unfancied team who will have arrived via a very long journey. Going to York next week will be a truer test of our prospects for the overall season.

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police