Sat 4-Sun 5 Feb: Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

9 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

ANyway, back to the rugby. Another try for London. Your pessimism is mis-placed.

London definitely look commited and organised compared to this time last year. If somewhat limited. 

My concern would be the fuel tank. 

Shows what a coach who knows his job can do with a slimmed down squad and not just picking up a dozen ex Skolar and WWR players with no plan. 

I also expected more from Batley. 

2 minutes ago, Leonard said:

London definitely look commited and organised compared to this time last year. If somewhat limited. 

My concern would be the fuel tank. 

Shows what a coach who knows his job can do with a slimmed down squad and not just picking up a dozen ex Skolar and WWR players with no plan. 

I also expected more from Batley. 

I don't think Batley will be in the mix at the top end this year, and suspect London have improved a little too. I am calling them both for lower-mid table finishes.

3 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

I don't think Batley will be in the mix at the top end this year, and suspect London have improved a little too. I am calling them both for lower-mid table finishes.

Sounds about really right on this showing. Definitely far more kids and women at this game. Has a good feel to it. I get the impression most are enjoying the event with the game second fiddle. Which is something the game always seems to be striving for. 

Edited by Leonard

10 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

I will be very surprised if Batley aren't in the mix again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Game set and match.

Batley been far better in second half,albeit there was a 10 min period of some decisions I found a bit odd.

London all a bit toothless. 

4,870 at Bradford. Not awful but not quite a world record either.

• Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just in from the LNER. Deserved win - 19-12 - for Widnes. On the whole, Vikings were smarter, faster and bigger. And they knew the value of kicking for goal. Too many errors, in important parts of the pitch, from York. Scrum-half Liam Harris aside, Knights looked a bit short on ideas.

York City FC manage to announce their official attendances. Same stadium, yet no word on today's crowd from Knights. I can say four coach-loads of Widnes fans crossed the Pennines.

Admission was £20, with a 28-page programme available for £3.

• Like 1

Was not at the game but looks like even though they lost, Seems that the vibe and event at London was much better than last years disaster vs Widnes, including the fact that the performance seemed much better than 12 months ago?

I'm guessing around 1K max looking at the pictures, but hopefully having Buck and Dusty and other events than the rugby might tempt folks back...

Did the London kit have a shirt sponser?  Can somebody at the game confirm

Edited by crashmon

9 minutes ago, crashmon said:

Was not at the game but looks like even though they lost, Seems that the vibe and event at London was much better than last years disaster vs Widnes, including the fact that the performance seemed much better than 12 months ago?

I'm guessing around 1K max looking at the pictures, but hopefully having Buck and Dusty and other events than the rugby might tempt folks back...

Did the London kit have a shirt sponser?  Can somebody at the game confirm

I wasn't looking out for it, didn't notice. 

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

4,870 at Bradford. Not awful but not quite a world record either.

To say how hard they pushed and with how it was the first game of the season the Bulls will be disappointed with that attendance

Good win for Widnes, really dominated the first half and yet somehow managed to be behind on the scoreboard at half-time. Millar was superb and Kieran Dixon on the opposite wing also had a very good game. York looked solid in defence and Kirmond looked dangerous on many occasions, but they looked a bit disorganised in attack - maybe a little more time needed for Cunningham & Harris to get to know each other?

3 hours ago, Fevrover said:

I will be very surprised if Batley aren't in the mix again.

It's good to have your faith. 🙂

We lost 2 key players but have replaced them well and have strengthened the pack. 

It was a good win today. 

Should be a good match tomorrow.

• Like 1