Mon 6 Feb: Keighley Cougars v Featherstone Rovers KO 19:45 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Keighley Cougars
    • Featherstone Rovers 

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/02/23 at 20:15

An intriguing game because Keighley are so hard to assess. The first unbeaten team in League 1 since Toulouse and Toronto, like those two teams Keighley averaged around 50 points per game and they conceded fewer on average than either of those two high-profile teams.

They've made some high-profile signings too, and in front of a home crowd and the TV cameras on their season-opener they're bound to be up for it with emotions riding high.

Whether they can contain a strong Featherstone pack is the question really, if they can then Chisholm and Gale have the ability and experience to make them really competitive. As a Fev fan I'd like to think we'll be too strong for them but I wouldn't have chosen to play them in round 1.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

An intriguing game because Keighley are so hard to assess. The first unbeaten team in League 1 since Toulouse and Toronto, like those two teams Keighley averaged around 50 points per game and they conceded fewer on average than either of those two high-profile teams.

They've made some high-profile signings too, and in front of a home crowd and the TV cameras on their season-opener they're bound to be up for it with emotions riding high.

Whether they can contain a strong Featherstone pack is the question really, if they can then Chisholm and Gale have the ability and experience to make them really competitive. As a Fev fan I'd like to think we'll be too strong for them but I wouldn't have chosen to play them in round 1.

Round 1 might the best time to play them before all their new players gel, but of course you could say that about Fev as well. 

I can see this being close with Fev getting away from them in the last 15 and winning by 10-12.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Toronto weren't unbeaten in League 1... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

Round 1 might the best time to play them before all their new players gel, but of course you could say that about Fev as well. 

I can see this being close with Fev getting away from them in the last 15 and winning by 10-12.

Your prediction looks pretty plausible to me, Tex.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I expect this to be the first league win of the 26 that Fev will win this season.

Who do you reckon will be the 1 team to beat them Harry?

Im going to go for Keighley by 4. Only for the reason everything here seems to be set up for a great underdog David V Golliath opening TV game surprise.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, POR said:

Only problem going with your heart D is it often gets broken

You're right of course there are "two many broken hearts in the world" however i prefer" to keep on believing"

Showing my age there i suppose.

Come on you Cougars.

21 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Who do you reckon will be the 1 team to beat them Harry?

Im going to go for Keighley by 4. Only for the reason everything here seems to be set up for a great underdog David V Golliath opening TV game surprise.

Sorry Oxy, I forgot there would be the extra League fixture with the summer bash making 27 games I just used the 13 home and away fixtures for each club making 26, so I do not think Fev will lose a league game this season.

• Like 2