Mon 6 Feb: Keighley Cougars v Featherstone Rovers KO 19:45 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Keighley Cougars
    • Featherstone Rovers 

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/02/23 at 20:15

1 minute ago, StandOffHalf said:

I had assumed that ViaPlay was the new name for Premier Sports. I checked on Premier 1 and Premier 2 this evening and the game isn't on.

No sign of ViaPlay at all in the listings. I get Premier as part of my Sky package.

Disappointing not to be able to watch this - and presumably any of the Championship in 2023. I hadn't even considered that Premier and ViaPlay were different. 

I haven't read any communication that Premier were losing the rights.

OK, so don't ask me how I know (let's just say a few semi-legal streaming services usually carry the Irish rather than UK channels), but yeah seemingly Viaplay taking over has split it and it's not on Premier Sports tonight, I watched La Liga expecting it to change until about 19:40 when I realised. You will likely have to subscribe through Amazon or if you can download the app to whatever device you have. 

• Thanks 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

21 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

This is better than any Fev performance i saw all last year. Hankinson, Aekins and Dean are all big upgrades. I'm surprised Gareth Gale is playing over Kyle Evans though. I dont think he's good enough for the level Fev aspire to play at, too many errors in his game.

Gaz Gale was terrific in 2021 and Leeds were rumoured to be interested in him. He lost his confidence last year, whether that was related to the coach I don't know but he played really well in the pre-season game against HKR and that's what earned him his place.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Gaz Gale was terrific in 2021 and Leeds were rumoured to be interested in him. He lost his confidence last year, whether that was related to the coach I don't know but he played really well in the pre-season game against HKR and that's what earned him his place.

Fair enough, I didn't see any championship that year..I could barely bring myself to watch Leigh that year given how bad we were🤣

I had no idea Craig Kopczak was 36, jeez he's still putting a good shift in.

Fev absolutely outclassing Keighley toneet, hope the home team manage one try at least to give their fans summat to cheer.

• Like 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

7 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I had no idea Craig Kopczak was 36, jeez he's still putting a good shift in.

Fev got a lot of stick for the age of the pack last year and to be fair the club admitted that we signed too many veterans, but Kopczak, Moors and Lockwood are all 36 and there isn't a Championship team that wouldn't love to have any of them.

• Like 2

You'd have hoped Keighley could have at least got near Fev's line!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

45 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

OK, so don't ask me how I know (let's just say a few semi-legal streaming services usually carry the Irish rather than UK channels), but yeah seemingly Viaplay taking over has split it and it's not on Premier Sports tonight, I watched La Liga expecting it to change until about 19:40 when I realised. You will likely have to subscribe through Amazon or if you can download the app to whatever device you have. 

I'm not going to use Amazon. I suppose I could download the app and watch on my laptop. I prefer the TV experience, so it is going to be a loss for me.

Cheers for the response.

50 minutes ago, JonM said:

Viaplay bought premier sports and rebranded it. If you go to the viaplay website, it tells premier sports subscribers what to do.

I'd heard of ViaPlay, but I just assumed they'd carry the same content and continue as Premier 1 and 2 here in Ireland. Neither of the Premier Sports channels carried the game here in Ireland tonight.

10 minutes ago, Segovia Carpet said:

What awful commentary.    Why mention everything you can see.  We need a Richie Benaud style who ADDS to the action. 

6 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

They got a few of the Rovers players name mixed up.

If I was being generous I would say that commentators, like players, need time at the start of a new season to get in the swing of things, and may well not have had the benefit of a friendly match or two on which to commentate.

That said, I thought Taylor popped up with amazing frequency and played particularly well for Fev, both when he was wearing his own shirt and when he borrowed Cozza's!

• Haha 1