Mon 6 Feb: Keighley Cougars v Featherstone Rovers KO 19:45 (Viaplay)

Who will win?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Keighley Cougars
    • Featherstone Rovers 

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/02/23 at 20:15

2 hours ago, tim2 said:

It's either a "bit of banter" (in which case so was mine) or you should be compaining to the club rather than me.

Obviously not everyone is the same but that's the club's official account, and that's the "they" I meant, not the fans. Perhaps someone there needs to grow up.

I apologise, i didn't realise it was the club and i don't think that's banter. But i get fed up of us all getting tared with same brush and i realise you weren't now I've re read things again.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

It's a media outlet and this is one area where clubs really should be acting professionally. 

By all means big up your own team, but when you venture into the realms of taunting a beaten team and its fans, you've crossed a line imo.

(That's the fans' job. Club spokespeople need to be show a bit more class)

Hit the nail on the head. Excellent post

Edited by Ragingbull
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Fev looked good no doubt about that but maybe Keighley have been a bit over hyped after watching that. Yes they have made some very good signings on paper but the Championship is a class division and its a huge step up for some of the Keighley lads if they are thinking they maybe there or there abouts the playoffs.

Fev's pack will dominate most teams in most games so that was no real surprise but Keighley's pack looked painfully under sized and they look like they may struggle against a lot of teams which, like a few posters said above, just means Gale and Chisolm are going to struggle too. 

I also thought to me the commentators over played the "Credit to Keighley for not giving up" card a bit too much. I thought after about the 3rd Fev try their body language was awful and that thumping was on the cards very eary on and I think it was only Fev pushing it a bit too much and a bit of rustyness that kept the score away from 70 or 80.

All in all its probably a big wake up call for Keighley but their season won't be decided by games against Fev so they can pretty much forget about last night as no team around them is likely to pick up points from that match either. For Fev its a potentially tricky game out of the way and they were able to cruise in to what should be one of their toughest matches of the season next week.

Definitely a tough game next week against your boys which will give us a better idea of where both teams are this year. Fev will want to win to help get a good run going but I think it’s important for Fax you have been knocking on the door for the last couple of seasons but come up short, where you really need to win games against the Fev and Toulouse to move to the next level.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JonM said:

They have multiple channels, some using the Viaplay branding, others keeping the Premier Sports branding. Not all of which are available on all broadcast platforms, and there's differences between what the channels are showing in different territories. Confusing. All of the channels are available on their website and app though.

Yes, it's a disappointing development for me. I enjoyed my Monday nights in front of the TV.

11 hours ago, Derwent said:

And just how much money have Festherstone spaffed up the wall over the last few seasons and they're still in the Championship?

A tad early to be gloating, plenty of time for them to end up getting beaten at home in the play-off semi-final by a team on a fraction of their budget. Like last season. 

Edited by Wakefield Ram

6 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

And just how much money have Festherstone spaffed up the wall over the last few seasons and they're still in the Championship?

A tad early to be gloating, plenty of time for them to end up getting beaten at home in the play-off semi-final by a team on a fraction of their budget. Like last season. 

And how many teams have spaffed money up the wall on players instead of upgrading their grounds in SL ? Glass houses spring to mind. And iam NOT defending what the club posted either.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Strangely enough Fev are self sufficient to fund the 'spaffing'....

• Like 2