Barrow Vs Toulouse

pennington

So it’s the first league game of the season on Saturday and I cannot wait for it. I think we are getting Toulouse at a good time, the pitch should be heavy and it seems Toulouse don’t have a big squad. Only 19 players named and borrowing players from Elite league for the Barrow game. 

it would be amazing to start the season with a win against one of the favourites. I am going to go for a Barrow win 26-22 with Langtree MOTM. It would also be great to get a good attendance. What are other people’s thoughts ?

• Like 2

It will be an interesting game. Two teams rebuilding for different reasons, but unclear how strong Toulouse will be this year.

Will they be sweeping everyone away again to get back to SL, or will they be like the mid-table Toulouse of the early 2010s? 

Either way, it's the right time to be playing them. Catch them cold, I hope! 

43 minutes ago, Dave W said:

It will be an interesting game. Two teams rebuilding for different reasons, but unclear how strong Toulouse will be this year.

Will they be sweeping everyone away again to get back to SL, or will they be like the mid-table Toulouse of the early 2010s? 

Either way, it's the right time to be playing them. Catch them cold, I hope! 

I think their squad will look very different by mid season, so it’s hopefully a better time to play them. 

• Like 1

I am really excited for the season proper to get underway. I think we have a strong squad with some quality additions. I am sure we will miss Tee, Carl, Hakim and the retirees but some good solid replacements and really talented youngsters to bolster the squad. Toulouse will be a bit of an unknown quantity but fancy us at home. Barrow by 10 points.   

Edited by RawlinsonRaider

23 hours ago, RLDB said:

I think their squad will look very different by mid season, so it’s hopefully a better time to play them. 

I think this weekend will definitely be a great time to play them - if the RFL website is correct they have only been able to name an 18-man squad instead of 21 and of those 18 one (Greg Richards) was signed on Monday and two more were signed from their Elite 1 (reserve)team this week. Their star scrum half signing Josh Ralph appears to be missing along with two of their best threequarters, and they are genuinely struggling to field a team at the moment.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I think this weekend will definitely be a great time to play them - if the RFL website is correct they have only been able to name an 18-man squad instead of 21 and of those 18 one (Greg Richards) was signed on Monday and two more were signed from their Elite 1 (reserve)team this week. Their star scrum half signing Josh Ralph appears to be missing along with two of their best threequarters, and they are genuinely struggling to field a team at the moment.

RFL website seems to have had some omissions judged on Toulouse's own squad they have just released which has 21 names including Ralph and another they have just signed from their Elite 1 squad.

1 minute ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

RFL website seems to have had some omissions judged on Toulouse's own squad they have just released which has 21 names including Ralph and another they have just signed from their Elite 1 squad.

Don't read too much into this list, I know of at least 2 who won't be playing, although they should be ready for Newcastle next week. 

Toulouse may have not a big squad but they only need 17 tomorrow, amongst their squad named there are some seriously good players at this level, totally agree with others is it’s definitely the best time we could play them, Barrow’s 21 has been named and Cresta has a tough job leaving 4 out

49 minutes ago, 2Cents said:

Guessing Broadbent, J. Carter and Corkill in the backs and Emslie in the forwards will be the 4 to miss out. Could be wrong.

Pretty sure the game day squad is 18 now, if you lose 2 players to HIA then the 18th man can play?

56 minutes ago, RLDB said:

Pretty sure the game day squad is 18 now, if you lose 2 players to HIA then the 18th man can play?

True R 18 man squad can be named but 18 can only play if 3 pick up HIA don't forget no differential penalty from scrum and green card for any stoppage in play

• Like 1

2 hours ago, POR said:

True R 18 man squad can be named but 18 can only play if 3 pick up HIA don't forget no differential penalty from scrum and green card for any stoppage in play

Cheers, hopefully the differential penalty change will stop the intentional offsides at the scrum. 

23 minutes ago, blue forever said:

Corkills had a great pre season and deserves a starting place over the others

I will be disappointed for him if he misses out but it’s completely understandable if Cresta goes with Shaw and Worthington against a team like Toulouse. I’m sure Rio will get a chance sooner or later if not tomorrow.