Euro Group A

36 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

I don’t understand how Spain are allowed to play in this tournament with no domestic games being played there. France will hammer them.

Agree, where will they even get a team from if there are no domestic teams? 

8 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

I wished it was Spain just cause I live here . It better than nothing but until we get serious about growing the two nations who could give us proper internationals in Wales and France , we will keep scrabbling around. The fact the Rfl’s international plans if we get a pacific team aren’t a tri nations including France is pretty damning 

Do you know anything about what’s going on in Spain at the moment? Iirc there were a few teams in the Madrid area a while back? 

It would have made more sense to have England, France, Wales and Ireland on one group and the other four in another, for more competitive games. Serbia getting beaten by 70+ points against England B won’t help them much, whereas a game against Spain would. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It would have made more sense to have England, France, Wales and Ireland on one group and the other four in another, for more competitive games. Serbia getting beaten by 70+ points against England B won’t help them much, whereas a game against Spain would. 

I think 70+ would be a good result for the Serbs.

21 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

There’s a kind of dev day this weekend in Getafe but not seen much else since Valencia died. I suspect it is dependent on lots of the Union players in the off season.

Are you involved or going? If so will you let us know what it’s all about please? 

57 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Ahh I didnt know it was on until I had already booked a holiday to Santander. Will drop an email to see how it went. 

Appears to be an open training session for women. I wonder if they "given up" on men's development. All their recent posts are about Wheelchair RL and now this one about women's. 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0vGLDyuZPL8YFtT2Sq74KwqRwr4M4BidFJtz35u9RZUj8wyqTrnwowV5YoMewt2n8l&id=100041698285237&sfnsn=mo

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Ahh I didnt know it was on until I had already booked a holiday to Santander. Will drop an email to see how it went. 

i know its difficult getting an appointment with a bank manager now a days but having to take a holiday to do it seems bad!

Sorry

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Why wouldn’t it go ahead? They only did the draw yesterday. 

Exactly.

European Rugby League tournaments go ahead year after year. The only exception being when Covid stopped it happening.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, Jughead said:

A better question is when are England going to acknowledge their participation and the draw actually taking place?

This is the correct question and the lack of any engagement with it at all rather shows that the RFL don't have a clue or a genuine plan for the national side.

• Like 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

14 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

This is more in line with what I was thinking. Someone on an internet message board does not an official announcement make.

No disrespect to the OP. 

The official announcement has been made by European Rugby League.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

This is more in line with what I was thinking. Someone on an internet message board does not an official announcement make.

No disrespect to the OP. 

The draw has been made. That’s not in question in the slightest. 

Just now, gingerjon said:

The official announcement has been made by European Rugby League.

Just now, Jughead said:

The draw has been made. That’s not in question in the slightest. 

I'm not suggesting it hasn't been made or anything. It just seems a bit....I don't know, as if it's been done without everyone on board. 

I'm not criticising the comp as I am potentially thinking of going to see at least one England game, they just seem reluctant to announce anything about it. But if it's just me looking in the wrong place or not hard enough, I'll accept that. 

2 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

I'm not suggesting it hasn't been made or anything. It just seems a bit....I don't know, as if it's been done without everyone on board. 

I have no doubt that it will happen. But the fact that EnglandRL and RFL social media accounts continue to ignore last night's even, nearly a whole day after it happened, is indeed a cause for concern. Are they having second thoughts perhaps? 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, langpark said:

I have no doubt that it will happen. But the fact that EnglandRL and RFL social media accounts continue to ignore last night's even, nearly a whole day after it happened, is indeed a cause for concern. Are they having second thoughts perhaps? 

I doubt it.

I would like details finalised asap with venues though so I can arrange to see some games.

7 minutes ago, langpark said:

They’re just hopeless at social media I think, the RFL still do their business by carrier pigeon. 

Edited by Eddie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

They’re just hopeless at social media I think, the RFL still do their business by carrier pigeon. 

More than likely. I am sure once venues are firmed up they will get on it.

I am not sure the lack of Feb hype for an away game in Serbia is worth reading into.