Match Thread - Swinton Lions Round 2

Keep The Faith

Well, booked my ticket already. 450 mile round trip but looking forward to it. Won't make all the home games but will be there for the start of the season. Hope we can find seven fit backs after the headtest problems at London. Looking forward to a pint or two in the Ron E lounge before the game and some proper Yorkshire fish and chips before the drive back down the A1. £10 entry is a great offer, really hope we get a good crowd.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, bromleybulldog said:

Well, booked my ticket already. 450 mile round trip but looking forward to it. Won't make all the home games but will be there for the start of the season. Hope we can find seven fit backs after the headtest problems at London. Looking forward to a pint or two in the Ron E lounge before the game and some proper Yorkshire fish and chips before the drive back down the A1. £10 entry is a great offer, really hope we get a good crowd.

Hope my season tickets arrive in time. Seems to have been a bit of a struggle getting them processed and posted. 

1 hour ago, Northern Eel said:

Hope my season tickets arrive in time. Seems to have been a bit of a struggle getting them processed and posted. 

Have you spoken to anyone?  Mine turned up in post a week ago. Didn't even know they were posting them, assumed I'd have to collect them at ground. 

When I ordered mine on mysports ticket site I opted for collection and picked it up at the Nash at that Friday do.

Northern Eel have a quick word with the club and I'm sure you will be able to pick it up at the ticket office near the players entrance, that's what I did last year.

Edited by RogerT

Bromley; we've got Milthorpe or Johnson to cover Morton, if Kear's fit he could cover fullback, even Meadows, as he still came busting through as you saw on Sunday so I'd say we'll not lose anything.

Unfortunately I can't make the match 😞 and as a Swinton supporter I always enjoy going to Batley - only pity is its been a good few years since we last won at your place.

So who knows maybe we will confound the pundits and come away with a win 🙂

9 hours ago, RogerT said:

When I ordered mine on mysports ticket site I opted for collection and picked it up at the Nash at that Friday do.

Northern Eel have a quick word with the club and I'm sure you will be able to pick it up at the ticket office near the players entrance, that's what I did last year.

Yeh, done all that over the last 3 weeks thanks. There's been issues with the system I gather. Hopefully sorted now.

I expect (and hope for) a Batley win and am looking forward to getting to a small number of games this season.

Edited by Northern Eel

Yes Bromley. Buchanan had a bit of a limp af one stage but he played through so hopefully not serious couldn't see much else to worry us. I know Craig's on the lookout to fill #s 1 n 2, if there's a problem sure he'll get someone in but as dar as I see we have plenty cover.

Blake,Buchanan, Brown Burton Campbell Flynn Gledhill Hirst Johnson Kaye Kibula Leak Lillycrop Manning Meadows Richardson Reilly Walshaw Ward White Woods 

21 man squad taken from the RFL match centre

in: Brown Johnson Richardson

out: Hodgson Morton McGowan 

Edited by Keep The Faith
  • Thanks 1