The bye round James Graham

Mention of "The Bye" always reminds me of this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Jughead said:

I’ve only heard clips so far but Willie Mason struggles to put sentences together without the f-word is my main takeaway. 

The Wayne Bennett and Jason Demetriou episodes are very good. 

Demetriou was good, especially funny when talking about the toilets being blocked and flooding.

27 minutes ago, Midlands hobo said:

Demetriou was good, especially funny when talking about the toilets being blocked and flooding.

A different story given his experiences at Lancashire Lynx and Keighley as a player and coach, so I really enjoyed that one. 

6 minutes ago, Number 16 said:

God! Is that really Vossy? 😭

The last proper activity on the website dates from 2005. The Wayback machine gives us this: https://web.archive.org/web/20050309080240/http://www.byerugbyleague.20m.com/ 

A tough draw that year for the might Bye. But the jerseys have a kind of PNG vibe.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Didn't know about this podcast. I have zero interest in listening to anything Willie Mason has to say but Demetriou and Bennett have brains so I will give those episodes a listen.

Its a decent listen, he champions the return of kangaroo tours as a way of inspiring youngsters in both ends of the world. On James Graham he is really establishing himself in Aussie culture with his podcasts. 

Edited by ELBOWSEYE

12 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Didn't know about this podcast. I have zero interest in listening to anything Willie Mason has to say but Demetriou and Bennett have brains so I will give those episodes a listen.

It did actually being out a different side to him and was at time amusing. stated above he is champions kangaroo tours and especially restoring the 3 test ashes series.

The wade Graham episode was decent and gave a good insight into the CBA issues currently causing problems.

19 hours ago, Jughead said:

I’ve only heard clips so far but Willie Mason struggles to put sentences together without the f-word is my main takeaway. 

The Wayne Bennett and Jason Demetriou episodes are very good. 

I think that's part of the charm of the podcast. 2 blokes chewing the fat in a pub like situation. He is being who he is.

Guests more relaxed, thus more honest. I'd rather this than robotic Sky Sports types of interview.

Very charismatic guy is ewd Willie. Really enjoyed that!

Deffo will check out the Demetriou one, thanks for the recommendation! 

14 minutes ago, Tim Streets tache said:

I think that's part of the charm of the podcast. 2 blokes chewing the fat in a pub like situation. He is being who he is.

Guests more relaxed, thus more honest. I'd rather this than robotic Sky Sports types of interview.

Very charismatic guy is ewd Willie. Really enjoyed that!

Deffo will check out the Demetriou one, thanks for the recommendation! 

It’s a more relaxed environment and I’m not expecting eloquence at every turn, but it bordered on unnecessary and annoying with Mason. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jughead said:

It’s a more relaxed environment and I’m not expecting eloquence at every turn, but it bordered on unnecessary and annoying with Mason. 

Yeah fair play, get what you mean. Got to the point he was using it as a comma. 

I enjoy the one Wilkin and Flanagan do but it always seems like every guest they have on either is pretty stuck in their shell or HAS to have suffered some sort of trauma or issue. I think the odd light hearted guest would be good.

That said a lot of their stuff has been brilliant... Lee Briers, Keegan Hurst, Sean Wane to name a few. 

Edited by Tim Streets tache

32 minutes ago, Tim Streets tache said:

Yeah fair play, get what you mean. Got to the point he was using it as a comma. 

I enjoy the one Wilkin and Flanagan do but it always seems like every guest they have on either is pretty stuck in their shell or HAS to have suffered some sort of trauma or issue. I think the odd light hearted guest would be good.

That said a lot of their stuff has been brilliant... Lee Briers, Keegan Hurst, Sean Wane to name a few. 

I’ve put the Out of Our League one down to it being an official podcast so you’re unlikely to get Player A slagging off Coach B in the way Mason has slagged off Fraysinnous on nearly every podcast I’ve listened to him on (he did the same with Justin Horo, basically saying he ruined the culture at Catalans and was almost proud of it). 

I suppose there’s free licence to have guests less willing to toe the party line when your podcast isn’t officially linked to a competition. 

• Like 1