1973 Reunion Dinner

Therein73

Just seen the website announcement about the Reunion Dinner celebrating 50 years since our Championship triumph ......... Got me thinking about the 'squad' players from that season as well as the fifteen who actually played in the Final .......... I've come up with:

Graham BELL

Keith VOYCE

Alan CHILD

Jeff YOWARD

Steve LANE

Steve HANKIN 

Can anyone think of any others??............. and wouldn't it be great if we could track them down (if they're still with us) and get them along on the night.

Edited by Therein73
  • Like 2

I don't think Jeff Yoward featured after the Bradford CC Semi-Final defeat....... Terry Day took his place and wore No.5 in the Final .............. He was one of just two of that team to play in a Wembley Final later in his career ..... The other being Alan Agar.

Steve Hankin also played at Wembley but wasn't in the actual 15 on the day vs Leeds.

12 hours ago, Therein73 said:

I don't think Jeff Yoward featured after the Bradford CC Semi-Final defeat....... Terry Day took his place and wore No.5 in the Final .............. He was one of just two of that team to play in a Wembley Final later in his career ..... The other being Alan Agar.

Steve Hankin also played at Wembley but wasn't in the actual 15 on the day vs Leeds.

Memory playing tricks, you're right. Day and Ashcroft on the wings.

On 08/02/2023 at 09:02, Therein73 said:

I have always felt that after Roger Millward was carried off in the 1980 final the most influential player on the field was Alan Agar. He  managed the game for HKR, keeping Hull FC in their own territory for much of the game. 

He should have taken the Lance Todd trophy  but he was never quite the glory boy who would have won such accolades.