Sat 11-Sun 12 Feb: Betfred Championship (Non-TV) Match Thread

Discuss this weekend's Betfred Championship games here.

SATURDAY 11th FEBRUARY
Toulouse Olympique v Newcastle Thunder KO 17:00 (UK time)

SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY
Barrow Raiders v Sheffield Eagles KO 15:00
Batley Bulldogs v Swinton Lions KO 15:00
Featherstone Rovers v Halifax Panthers KO 16:00
Whitehaven v London Broncos KO 15:00
Widnes Vikings v Keighley Cougars KO 15:00

45 minutes ago, John Drake said:

SATURDAY 11th FEBRUARY
Toulouse Olympique v Newcastle Thunder KO 17:00 (UK time)

SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY

All look pretty simple, apart from Barrow vs Sheffield (I think Sheffield might pinch this), and Whitehaven v London Broncos (I'm tipping London here, but its a long trip for London and they might lose this)

Toulouse Olympique v Newcastle Thunder Toulouse by 62

SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY
Barrow Raiders v Sheffield Eagles Sheffield by 10
Batley Bulldogs v Swinton Lions Batley by 26
Featherstone Rovers v Halifax Panthers Fev by 14
Whitehaven v London Broncos Haven by 4
Widnes Vikings v Keighley Cougars Widnes by 16

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

SATURDAY 11th FEBRUARY
Toulouse Olympique 56-10 Newcastle Thunder KO 17:00 (UK time)

SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY
Barrow Raiders 18-28 Sheffield Eagles KO 15:00
Batley Bulldogs 24-10 Swinton Lions KO 15:00
Featherstone Rovers 18-16 Halifax Panthers KO 16:00
Whitehaven 26-14 London Broncos KO 15:00
Widnes Vikings 42-12 Keighley Cougars KO 15:00

• Haha 1

I'll go for all home wins. I thought Halifax looked pretty impressive from the highlights of Sunday's game. It'll be interesting to see how they get on against Featherstone. Likewise Sheffield Eagles (are they the oldest squad ever assembled in professional RL?) are certainly capable of winning at Barrow. Whitehaven beat Broncos home and away last year IIRC.

Toulouse Olympique v Newcastle Thunder Toulouse by 24

SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY
Barrow Raiders v Sheffield Eagles Sheffield by 8
Batley Bulldogs v Swinton Lions Batley by 12
Featherstone Rovers v Halifax Panthers Fev by 18
Whitehaven v London Broncos London by 2
Widnes Vikings v Keighley Cougars Keighley by 1

Toulouse Olympique v Newcastle Thunder Toulouse by 38

SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY
Barrow Raiders v Sheffield Eagles Barrow by 8
Batley Bulldogs v Swinton Lions Batley by 26
Featherstone Rovers v Halifax Panthers Fev by 14
Whitehaven v London Broncos London by 8
Widnes Vikings v Keighley Cougars Widnes by 14

2 hours ago, JonM said:

I'll go for all home wins. I thought Halifax looked pretty impressive from the highlights of Sunday's game. It'll be interesting to see how they get on against Featherstone. Likewise Sheffield Eagles (are they the oldest squad ever assembled in professional RL?) are certainly capable of winning at Barrow. Whitehaven beat Broncos home and away last year IIRC.

We looked good in the first half but lacked a killer instinct and the game really should have been over by half time but we were sloppy in the second half. I think Sheffield have put together a good team on the sly and I think by the end of the season we will see this was a pretty good win as I think Sheffield could very well sneak in to the playoffs. The Fev game feels very much like the one last season where as we are not given a chance but its a free shot against a team that should not lose many games at home.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, John Drake said:

SATURDAY 11th FEBRUARY
Toulouse Olympique v Newcastle Thunder 

SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY

5 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

We looked good in the first half but lacked a killer instinct and the game really should have been over by half time but we were sloppy in the second half. I think Sheffield have put together a good team on the sly and I think by the end of the season we will see this was a pretty good win as I think Sheffield could very well sneak in to the playoffs. The Fev game feels very much like the one last season where as we are not given a chance but its a free shot against a team that should not lose many games at home.

Expecting a good contest on Sunday,usually decent games against Fax.

5 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Fev and Fax are usually tight affairs and you could have quite well won at Fev last year if Jouffrett’s hamstring hadn’t gone when he broke clear last year.

15 hours ago, Daft old hooker said:

Fev and Fax are usually tight affairs and you could have quite well won at Fev last year if Jouffrett’s hamstring hadn’t gone when he broke clear last year.

It does make for an interesting comparison game to the one last season and I will be disappointed if we can't at least show signes that we can compete with Fev for long periods of the game although I am expecting a similar result. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kiggy said:

5 Elite players named in the 21, which is good news

The two latest additions were both highlighted in the Elite 1 thread a while ago, always worth a read those threads (bar the odd troll).

Looks like Ashall-Bott's absence might be as little as 1 game given it was a concussion he suffered. Laguerre could be a much longer absence by the sound of it after injuring his shoulder. Laguerre was playing really well but is probably easier to replace for Toulouse than Ashall-Bott.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

The two latest additions were both highlighted in the Elite 1 thread a while ago, always worth a read those threads (bar the odd troll).

Looks like Ashall-Bott's absence might be as little as 1 game given it was a concussion he suffered. Laguerre could be a much longer absence by the sound of it after injuring his shoulder. Laguerre was playing really well but is probably easier to replace for Toulouse than Ashall-Bott.

Hopefully Waïl or Robin will get a run out. I'm looking forward to seeing the new players 1st hand on Saturday (no3 son's American girlfriend is coming along with us....special treat for her to see what a proper game looks like!).

Guy is back and will play on the wing as Latrell isn't ready, and yes, Ben will be out for a while. I heard it was necessary for surgery so that probably means 3 months out. Olly will be back for the York match. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiggy said:

5 Elite players named in the 21, which is good news

Good to see Dimitri Biscaro involved

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

SATURDAY 11th FEBRUARY
Toulouse Olympique v Newcastle Thunder KO 17:00 (UK time) - Toulouse by 10

SUNDAY 12th FEBRUARY
Barrow Raiders v Sheffield Eagles KO 15:00    -  Sheffield  by 6
Batley Bulldogs v Swinton Lions KO 15:00    -  Batley by 12
Featherstone Rovers v Halifax Panthers KO 16:00 -  Fev by 18
Whitehaven v London Broncos KO 15:00 -  Whitehaven by 4
Widnes Vikings v Keighley Cougars KO 15:00 - Widnes by 20

• Like 1