A tenner!

The scrim reaper

7 hours ago, The scrim reaper said:

Only a tenner! £10,

in at batley this week! get yourselves across for a great afternoons entertainment and support your team👍

EVERY week and it's the best away day, great fans area with good food and drinks. Friendly fans and a proper Rugby ground, Enjoy.

• Like 2

Tempted to make the trip over to Batley to watch this one for a tenner with my team on playing a friendly and enjoying watching the Swinton games.

I can see Swinton pulling off a memorable win here if the half backs and dummy half can click, plenty of grit and determination on show against thunder but attack really looked clunky. Going to be interesting to see how Batley go this season.

Superb win for you boys.

Well done and well played 👍👍

Think we (Batley) got what we deserved today.

• Like 1

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

On 10/02/2023 at 14:36, ManchesterYed said:

Tempted to make the trip over to Batley to watch this one for a tenner with my team on playing a friendly and enjoying watching the Swinton games.

I can see Swinton pulling off a memorable win here if the half backs and dummy half can click, plenty of grit and determination on show against thunder but attack really looked clunky. Going to be interesting to see how Batley go this season.

Called  it Batley will be near the bottom of the league this season, great to be amongst the Batley faithful for this one fantastic away day. The grit and determination was there from the Newcastle game is what got  Swinton through still think we need more from the dummy half and half backs if Swinton are going to get to the play offs. Gary Roden and Mick Butt were outstanding 

hoping to get to the barrow game with no Oldham game again, I’m going Swinton by 4 points 

On 15/02/2023 at 21:48, ManchesterYed said:

Called  it Batley will be near the bottom of the league this season, great to be amongst the Batley faithful for this one fantastic away day. The grit and determination was there from the Newcastle game is what got  Swinton through still think we need more from the dummy half and half backs if Swinton are going to get to the play offs. Gary Roden and Mick Butt were outstanding 

hoping to get to the barrow game with no Oldham game again, I’m going Swinton by 4 points 

Called it again, was good to be back at Heywood road watching Swinton. The game lacked any kind of real attacking quality, Barrow and Batley have proved there is a lack of quality attack in this league at times. The Swinton play off push is on and will beat Whitehaven by 20 points this week. I’ll be watching my beloved Oldham away at Doncaster 

Yes I think we scraped a win - halfbacks didn't create much. Don't think Whitehaven will be easy and i think the score will be a lot closer - and i am hoping for another win.

Oldham have assembled a good squad and should do well this season and promotion is a realistic target. Won't be easy away to Doncaster.

12 hours ago, wayner said:

Yes I think we scraped a win - halfbacks didn't create much. Don't think Whitehaven will be easy and i think the score will be a lot closer - and i am hoping for another win.

Oldham have assembled a good squad and should do well this season and promotion is a realistic target. Won't be easy away to Doncaster.

I'd watch the highlights again to see whst they created. Firstly the pass to Badrock from Gibson and the winning try by Gibson. 

Olds was off all second half with Eaves at stand off.

Think they did better than you might think.

• 3 months later...
On 15/02/2023 at 21:48, ManchesterYed said:

ManchesterYed, we got our revenge yesterday and although only halfway through the season, still dont know where you got your idea that Batley will be near the bottom, we're clear second. Some hard games to come but will, be in the top 6 at the business end.