Bulls Monday squad

Stirlin

Overall impression watching that game as a neutral was it was one really well-coached, well-disciplined team against a poorly-coached, ill-discplined one. Really professional performance from York after losing Marsh in the first minute and playing with basically one half back.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Perfectly summed up, I agree totally. Good effort from the boys today after losing Marsh so early, I thought Ronan Michael probably had his best game yet in a York Shirt and Bailey Antrobus is just a machine.Going forward we need another half desperately but who would want to come in as it seems to be a bit of a poisoned chalice here at the moment.

• Like 2

Thought the entertainment was first rate. The New York Brass band playing outside before adding to the atmosphere inside. The Light Show was great too. Oh, and the half time entertainment was a hoot as always. On top of all that the Knights defeated the Bulls 32-16, taking us up to fourth in the table. Good, solid disciplined performance. Hope Matty’s elbow isn’t too bad and he soon makes a recovery. Good crowd too. No announcement but I’d estimate around 3,406.

• Like 3

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

Great win tonight, I thought our defence was really good driving there forwards back time and time again.

I know we were not fluent in attack or played expansive rugby but what can you expect when we keep losing halfbacks but I thought Jessie Dee stepped up well and took some of the pressure of Liam Harris.

We look well coached and with a settled half back pairing we will go alright.

• Like 4

Pleased to see us playing the ball a bit faster than in recent years tonight, brought the best out of our forwards IMO. Generally good line speed too, and often managed to drive the nominally bigger team backwards.

As for whoever was doing the Bulls' pre-season PR, with their "promotion push", they deserve some sort of creative writing prize. Think their fans would have right to question their attitude tonight, never mind the errors....

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, RBKnight said:

Pleased to see us playing the ball a bit faster than in recent years tonight, brought the best out of our forwards IMO. Generally good line speed too, and often managed to drive the nominally bigger team backwards.

I agree. Everything is quicker so far this season and there always seems to be someone available to receive the ball. This was a gripe of mine last season where the halves too often had no outlet.

• Like 3

Really good performance last night considering who was out, feared the worst after Marshy went off. Forwards smashed Bradford all over the park and it bodes well for when we get some bodies back. We'd have lost that game last season - in fact we did.

Wonder if we'll ever get any luck with halbacks though? Haven't had a settled pair since 2018 now, and one of those was a fullback/winger by trade!

• Like 2

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season